Wiki Posts
Search

KUL to Bukit Bintang by taxi?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb

My flight gets into KUL around 8:30 pm. How long would a taxi ride to Bukit Bintang (Westin hotel) take at that point? Would I be better off taking KLIA to KL Sentral and a taxi from there? More interested in saving time than money here.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I'd take the train and then do the taxi out of Sentral (they have a coupon system there, and supply/demand would be OK at that hour). Distance from the airport is considerable and you could always hit a traffic knot.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by andreiz
My flight gets into KUL around 8:30 pm. How long would a taxi ride to Bukit Bintang (Westin hotel) take at that point? Would I be better off taking KLIA to KL Sentral and a taxi from there? More interested in saving time than money here.
Are your arriving at main or budget terminal? If main - train and taxi from Sentral would be the best option IMHO. From budget terminal - taxi makes more sense because if you want to take train you have to use bus to go to train station first.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold

I would go direct by limo. Approx 40min arriving Westin. Take luxury limo if you want fast. Hassle free!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I reckon those who know and understand the system sometimes underestimate the complications`facing first time visitors finding their way through "simple" transfers such as the one at Sentral. And from the nature of the question, i'm guessing the OP is a first-timer.

I'd suggest the taxi route is the easiest and most comfortable. Avoiding the faff of changing transport modes is always a strong positive - at least for me!
Old Aug 24, 2013, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Just did the KLIA express from airport to Sentral then taxi to Bukit Bitang again. With the traffic being bumper to bumper sometimes when you least expect it, the train is great. I would always choose the train option for this trip.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I reckon those who know and understand the system sometimes underestimate the complications`facing first time visitors finding their way through "simple" transfers such as the one at Sentral. And from the nature of the question, i'm guessing the OP is a first-timer.

I'd suggest the taxi route is the easiest and most comfortable. Avoiding the faff of changing transport modes is always a strong positive - at least for me!
+1
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by invisible
Are your arriving at main or budget terminal? If main - train and taxi from Sentral would be the best option IMHO. From budget terminal - taxi makes more sense because if you want to take train you have to use bus to go to train station first.
Flying Bangkok Air, which I believe arrives into the main terminal. Scheduled to land around 8:30 pm, so given that, is train + taxi still the best option?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:02 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Flying Bangkok Air, which I believe arrives into the main terminal. Scheduled to land around 8:30 pm, so given that, is train + taxi still the best option?
Train+taxi is the fastest option still. Best - no idea.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:58 am

Quote:

Train + Taxi = Fast? I dont think so. Its all depend on train departure timing and queue line of taxi in Sentral. I travel for business within Malaysia at least twice per month. For sure I would say Train + taxi = cheap. But for comfort + fast = limo.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by Putra
Train + Taxi = Fast? I dont think so. Its all depend on train departure timing and queue line of taxi in Sentral. I travel for business within Malaysia at least twice per month. For sure I would say Train + taxi = cheap. But for comfort + fast = limo.
+1
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Sure - if the train is waiting when you hit the platform, and it moves off immediately you are on board: then if, as a first-timer, you find the taxi-chitty queue and are first in line AND if there isn't a bumper to bumper inner city evening jam.

I'd save the very first train+taxi trip for non-time-critical journey, just to suss out the logistics of it all. Once you are clear how it all works, you can make informed decisions.

First visit to KL, and a reason to make the fastest headway to the hotel at 20:30, take a limo.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sure - if the train is waiting when you hit the platform, and it moves off immediately you are on board: then if, as a first-timer, you find the taxi-chitty queue and are first in line AND if there isn't a bumper to bumper inner city evening jam.

I'd save the very first train+taxi trip for non-time-critical journey, just to suss out the logistics of it all. Once you are clear how it all works, you can make informed decisions.

First visit to KL, and a reason to make the fastest headway to the hotel at 20:30, take a limo.
I agree with Ian-UK that you take a limo to your hotel. You arrive at KLIA at 20:30 and by the time you get through immigration and collect your bags it will be about 21:00. At that time there will not be any traffic jam so the limo is the fastest way to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.