Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for end of Dec/beg of Jan ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I want to go somewhere nice, relaxing, warm with a great beach over the mentioned period... where would you go?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 6:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by thecoolhunter
Hi,

I want to go somewhere nice, relaxing, warm with a great beach over the mentioned period... where would you go?
USM
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by moondog
USM
United States Military?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Samui
Old Jun 6, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by moondog
Samui
Heh, of course. USM itself is a cute airport but then IMO it goes downhill. Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of Samui myself and don't find its beaches that great or much relaxation. I particularly dislike the locals and their various mafias. If Thailand is the front runner, I'd go to the other coast to Khao Lak. End of December/January is absolute peak season at all the beach places though (lots of northern Europeans holidaying), so resort selection is critical....best to pick either a more secluded or a place with expansive grounds with room for everyone to spread out. And you better book soon to get your preference. Lots of the best places will be fully reserved by end of July. Watch out for any places that require you to pay for a gala Christmas or New Years Eve dinner/party bash, unless you want that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.