Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Mandarin Oriental KL - Club lounge, shorts and flippers...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:26 am
Original Poster

I was thinking about reserving few nights in MO KL in their club room to splurge a bit as it is our anniversary, but problem is that we are backpacking and don't have but shorts and slippers. Their club lounge rules seem not to allow us to enter in such "attire". I can't get an answer from MO so maybe some of you have experience on this? I won't spend the extra buck for club room if we can't use the club lounge.

Any suggestions for similar hotels in Kuala Lumpur?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
At Traders they made me change my shoes (I was wearing clean, quite new sneakers). Never stayed at the MO though.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Id never be caught dead in a lounge wearing flippers.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsquared37
That's all we have. And I find them extremely comfortable. I don't understand why they care what I wear.

I was looking at Traders as well as they have suite for almost the same as MO has normal club room. I guess Traders is then out of the question as an alternative...
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:03 am
Suspended

When I read the thread title, I thought its a complaint on inappropriately attired guests at the MO.

If you can't even put on something decent, don't spoil the atmosphere for everyone else !
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'd be quite amused to see someone in a lounge in shorts and flippers!

Not so much shorts and slippers though - I'd suggest they pop next door to the KLCC mall and get some proper clothes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.