Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Most accessible beaches in the Philippines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond

Any suggestions on places that would be enjoyable for a 6-8 night stay in The Philippines for R&R and sun? We would be going in January, so weather that time of year should be ideal (sunny) wherever it is.

Basically, what we don't want to do is fly halfway around the world and then spend another full day getting somewhere remote.

Any suggestions on fairly accessible beach towns, or even resorts specifically, in The Philippines from major airports?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Easiest to access would be Boracay . One hour flight from Manila to Caticlan and then 20-30 mins on a trike+banca.

There are also plenty of resorts nears Cebu - can't remember the name of the island, but it's less then an hour by ferry from Cebu.

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Any suggestions on places that would be enjoyable for a 6-8 night stay in The Philippines for R&R and sun? We would be going in January, so weather that time of year should be ideal (sunny) wherever it is.

Basically, what we don't want to do is fly halfway around the world and then spend another full day getting somewhere remote.

Any suggestions on fairly accessible beach towns, or even resorts specifically, in The Philippines from major airports?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:12 am

I haven't been, but I think yevlesh2 is thinking of Bohol and Panglao.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:52 pm

You can go to Boracay, Palawan and Camiguin... also Bohol. These places are gifted with incredible beaches that I'm sure you will truly enjoy.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Presidents Club, Europcar Privilege Elite, HHonours Gold, Le Club Accor Platinum
We were in Boracay, feb this year - weather was good, 30 degrees most days we had 1 cloudy day with a bit of rain in 10 days. Was easy to get too from MNL with domestic flights regular from T3. Flew AirPhil Express to Caticlan (MPH) with private boat transfer direct to resort (Shangri-La Boracay) however if your staying else where on the island you can take boat from caticlan port, with transfer to white beach within an hour of landing (if boat times work out ok for you)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.