Search

Any nice hotels in Vang Vieng, Laos?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Any nice hotels in Vang Vieng, Laos?

I know there is nothing approximating luxury, but I would like a very clean room, aircon, private bathroom and wifi. Outside of that I don't much care. Doesn't have to be secluded, in fact, prefer it not be as I will be there for the tubing and partying and don't want to be a hike away from the action. I just have visions of filthy dorms style rooms filled with insects and a shared nasty bathroom. Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I stayed there 2 years ago. Quite nice
http://www.villanamsong.com/
Old Jan 22, 2012, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I know there is nothing approximating luxury, but I would like a very clean room, aircon, private bathroom and wifi. Outside of that I don't much care. Doesn't have to be secluded, in fact, prefer it not be as I will be there for the tubing and partying and don't want to be a hike away from the action. I just have visions of filthy dorms style rooms filled with insects and a shared nasty bathroom. Thanks!
Last time I was in Vang Vieng, about 3 years ago, there was a fair amount of decent places that had exactly what you're looking for. If only the food was edible.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: Qatar Gold
If your getting the bus from Vientiene, then as you get into V.V there is a pretty decent hotel on the right-hand side....about 100m before the bus station. It has nice open air lobby - brown wood all round. The place stands out, i.e. modern, clean and elegant for about 25/30USD a night.

I stayed there last year for a few nights.

V.V is a great spot - tons of fun. just don't drown
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:14 pm
Suspended

There's decent places there but overall I'd say avoid Vang Vieng. The parties and the tubing are nothing special unless you are really into pom gap year sausage fests and stoned losers eating bad food watching family guy reruns.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DownTheRappitHole
There's decent places there but overall I'd say avoid Vang Vieng. The parties and the tubing are nothing special unless you are really into pom gap year sausage fests and stoned losers eating bad food watching family guy reruns.
Other than that it's beautiful.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
+1 ^
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dsquared37
< shrug > so are plenty of other places in Laos
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DownTheRappitHole
< shrug > so are plenty of other places in Laos
I didn't disagree with anything you posted above and generally avoid the place. However, the karst is rather spectacular, moreso than most other places I've been in Laos.

As someone who's traveled extensively through the country it's not close to my top destinations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.