Bali "villa" rental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali "villa" rental

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, SK Diamond, Finnair Gold, BA Silver
Bali "villa" rental

I'm looking into renting a house/"villa" for a month+ in Bali. We're a family with two small kids and have been to the island twice before. There's of course plenty of choice just googling "villa rental" but I gather much of it is high-end for rich people and possibly overpriced for what it is. Do anyone here have personal experience in this matter, or know some reputable agents? We'd be looking for 3 - 4 BR, with pool in a nice part of the island (though need not be in the thick of it).
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:04 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I don't know what you're looking to spend or if you prefer to be inland or on the water. Also important would be the ages of your children and whether or not a property that open to an unfenced pool would be OK.

Assuming, the unfenced pool is OK and that they allow children, I really enjoyed Villa Montana. Lovely four-bedroom house with pool about 30-minute drive to Ubud. Very quiet as it overlooks a beautiful treed canyon. Staff was excellent as was the food. I assume they'd do monthly rentals and would inquire about discounted rates for such.

http://www.villamontanabali.com/rate.htm
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:14 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
There is an expat (English language) newspaper published in Bali which has lots of want ad listings for villas, at prices 50% lower than you find on the web. Relatively easy to find nice 2BR for under USD 100 per day though you need to negotiate. 4BR tend to be much more lavish, expensive and since there are few, the price is less negotiable. You need to be in Bali in person to get the best price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.