Search

flights help?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, AA, Mar*S, SW*P, HTZ #1G, AVS Pref
flights help?

hi

thinking about going porto allegre to iguazu falls to buenos aires, with a stop for a day in iguazu.

is there a good way to fly there? especially without backtracking to Rio if possible?

thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 5:52 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Iguazu to AEP will be ok... just dont know if you can fly direct to Iguazu from Porto Alegre... (??)
Old Jul 28, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
As far as I'm aware there are no direct flights between Porto Alegre and Iguazu. A couple of options are flying TAM connecting in Sao Paulo or Rio, or Gol connecting in Curitiba.

At Iguazu, note that there are 2 airports. You will arrive at IGU on the Brazilian side and continue your journey to Buenos Aires from IGR on the Argentine side so it would make sense to visit the Brazil side of the falls first when planning your trip.

Personally, I would stay a night in Iguazu to give yourself more time. I doubt you'll be able to arrive before midday with your flight connection and half a day really isn't enough to do this wonderful spectacle justice.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 4:31 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Another option would be coming to EZE first....
Old Aug 4, 2009, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, AA, Mar*S, SW*P, HTZ #1G, AVS Pref
thanks - I'll double check all of those. most helpful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.