Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ways to go from El Calafate to Torres del Paine for 4 people

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2009, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Ways to go from El Calafate to Torres del Paine for 4 people

I know this topic is everywhere in forums but I don't think this specific circumstance is covered yet. 4 of us are from Australia and are visiting South America in October 2009.

I'm trying to find a cheap way of going from El Calafate to Torres del Paine and visitng Torres del Paine in 1 day.

At the moment, I've looked at Always Glaciers which offers a direct bus from El Calafate to Torres del Paine but it's pretty expensive at around 73 USD per person which is 292USD total. Because there are 4 of us, I am wondering if there is a taxi or hired driver service that could offer a better price. Correct me if I'm wrong but 292USD seems a lot of money for any taxi driver in any country. Also, can taxi drivers in Argentina cross the border to Chile?

Thanks for your help!
Old May 24, 2009, 5:33 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

I would suggest you contact the Hotel where you are staying at in Calafate and see what options they may be able to offer.

I dont see why a Taxi driver could not cross the border, but its best to confirm this with someone on the ground,
Old May 24, 2009, 3:09 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x320)

Also, I suggest posting a question on Trip Advisor... lots of board regulars there have plenty of Patagonian experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.