Search

Spanish class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Spanish class

Hi,

I'm planning on traveling to Argentina next week for a combination of tourism and Spanish classes. My itinerary is to fly into Mendoza, spend approximately 7-10 days there, fly to El Calafate/El Chalten for some hiking, and then return to BA for the last two weeks of my trip.

Could anyone provide any recommendations for spanish classes, particularly in Mendoza? Also, is my time allotment for Mendoza too much or are there other interesting - preferably outdoorsy - sites in easy striking distance? I recall from past trips elsewhere in Argentina that distances can be immense and, even though it's a lengthy trip, I'd prefer not to waste my days in buses (night buses are okay).

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 16, 2009, 8:06 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
For Spanish Lessons in Mendoza, I suggest you check out TripAdvisor.

If you are into Wine, dont forget that Mendoza is Argentinas wine capital.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:58 am

Spanish Classes in Mendoza

Wkitravel´s comments are right on:

I have lived in Mendoza for 4 years, and am familiar with all three schools listed.

----------------
"As with many cities in Argentina, there is a variety of Spanish courses and private lessons are available. There are two extablished language schools in Mendoza: Intercultural [7] is the biggest, has a range of afternoon activities, and is slightly more expensive, Greenfields [8] (aka COINED) is smaller and feels even less well organised, but many of the teachers work at both schools.

Another great option for individual or very small tailor-made quality group lessons with a highly trained instructor, Ana maría Troncoso: Spanish in Mendoza, Argentina (SIMA) [9]. This is a better option for those seriously interested in learning or improving their Spanish, although the classes are very enjoyable. http://spanishinmendozaargentina.greenash.net.au/"
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA, BA
That was a rather random two year old thread, and your first post on flyertalk on top of that. jajaja. Welcome David Beach!

I guess you really enjoyed that school?!?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cochino_BA
That was a rather random two year old thread, and your first post on flyertalk
Indeed.....cynical me says there just might be an ulterior motive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.