Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

EZE - AEP - Iguazu. Luggage and Transfer Times. Help Please!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2008, 4:51 pm
KBC
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Hello

I am hoping for some help and advice in relation to 2 matters concerning our trip in December. a) luggage storage, and b) transfer times AEP to EZE.

DH and I are flying from LHR into EZE with British Airways arr. 10:30hrs on Thursday 11th December. We are then transferring to AEP for the 16:15 LAN flight to Iguazu Falls for 2 nights. Happy enough that we have plenty of transfer time at this stage, however, it would be great if we could store 2 or 3 suitcases somewhere, rather than taking them with us to IGR and back. On Saturday 13th December we return to AEP from IGR (arr. 15:55hrs) and need to transfer to EZE for a LAN flight to Santiago at 19:50hrs.

So back to my 2 concerns:-

a) any suggestions where we could safely store some luggage for 2 days. We are cruising to Antarctica from Santiago and will probably have 4 large suitacases between us.

b) we have only just realised that we will need to be at EZE 2 hours before departure as it is a international flight to SCL (call it a senior moment!!)

Not sure if this is significant but DH is Gold status with British Airways and we will be flying in Business to SCL.

Thank you soooo much in anticipation of your help.

Katie

Last edited by KBC; Jul 11, 2008 at 7:38 am Reason: Senior moment !!
Old Jul 10, 2008, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Can't address your luggage storage question .. However I think your return to AEP and then to EZE is much to short. You are counting on everything going perfectly. This rarely happens in BA and 3 hours is a minimum time I allow at EZE. not two hours. How you can fit in going someplace to pick up luggage is beyond me.
Can I ask why you would plan to go thru BA and not plan at least 2-3 nights there yet allow two nights at Iguazu.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 5:47 pm

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
I am confused here if you are flying to Santiago de Chile to take your cruise, at what point are you flying to St Louis (STL)?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 8:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Hi Katie,

Your return connection will probably work if everything goes smoothly but, as nytango said, it doesn't leave much room for error - a delayed arrival from Iguazu, heavy traffic on the autopista out to EZE...You won't have any customs or immigration to worry about at AEP and the time from landing to getting to the taxi rank outside is usually pretty fast as it's a small airport. You can then jump in a taxi to take you straight to EZE which, depending on traffic, can take 1-1.5 hours (you're making this transfer on a Saturday so traffic should be fine).

It sounds from your post as if your plans are already finalized but it you haven't purchased the itinerary yet and haven't spent any time in Buenos Aires before, I'd definitely recommend tweaking your itinerary to spend a couple of nights here after your arrival from London before heading up to Iguazu. BA is a fantastic city and it will also give you a chance to recover from the very long flight from London before jumping on another plane. Most hotels will also securely look after your suitcases for you while you head somewhere else within Argentina although, in your case, you won't have time to collect them on the way back so it's not an option.

Last edited by britenbsas; Jul 10, 2008 at 8:50 pm
Old Jul 10, 2008, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hi KBC

I agree with the others I'm afraid.

Your itinerary is crazy to be honest and even if everything goes according to plan it doesn't sound a very pleasurable way to spend a holiday. You will always be clock watching and worrying about meeting deadlines. I would have a rethink about it.

Your husbands Gold Card won't get you any fast track through security, immigration at EZE I'm afraid.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 7:19 am
KBC
Original Poster

Thank you SOOO much for the very constructive help and advice. Clearly I have had more than one 'senior moment' in my planning!!!

Samftla - my apologies, I meant SCL (not STL)

nytango - I know it seems crazy that we are not spending time in BA, the reason being that we are using 'airmiles' for our flights from LHR and this was literally the only date we could get seats in Club Class. We do spend time in Buenos Aires during our cruise from Santiago to Rio, and really would love to see Iguazu Falls.

HIDDY and britenbsas - I had underestimated the transfer time needed and have looked again at the IGR - AEP flights on the 13th. I see that there is an earlier LAN flight from IGR that arrives at AEP 11:20hrs. Could you see this working for us??

Can't thank you all enough once again.

Katie
Old Jul 11, 2008, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
Originally Posted by KBC
HIDDY and britenbsas - I had underestimated the transfer time needed and have looked again at the IGR - AEP flights on the 13th. I see that there is an earlier LAN flight from IGR that arrives at AEP 11:20hrs. Could you see this working for us??

Can't thank you all enough once again.

Katie
That's sounds like a much better plan, and you won't be at the mercy of AR. If your LAN flight is on time, you'll have time to go lunch to one of the parrillas (carritos de la costanera) near AEP.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Yes, that sounds like a much better plan. I know when I'm on holiday I always leave plenty of time for connections as I hate clock-watching and worrying about whether I'm going to make it or not. Catching the earlier flight on the 13th will mean you will only have 1 full day in Iguazu but this is enough time to explore both sides of the falls (Brazil and Argentina). Enjoy your trip!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KBC
I know it seems crazy that we are not spending time in BA, the reason being that we are using 'airmiles' for our flights from LHR and this was literally the only date we could get seats in Club Class.
KBC- Remember you can change dates if you are using BA Miles. So keep checking for availability and you might be able to get an earlier date of travel out to Buenos Aires, especially as BA are upping the LHR-EZE schedule to a daily flight starting in mid November.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 4:54 pm
KBC
Original Poster

Thanks again for the further help. This trip is certainly keeping me on my toes!! Found out this afternoon that our EZE to SCL flight has been cancelled and we are rebooked on the 21:35 out of EZE. This resolves the transfer time aspect nicely without us having to leave Iguazu earlier in the day. Unfortunately there is no business class on the 'new' flight but never mind eh!!

Hiddy - thanks for the heads up on the schedule changes in November, you never know we may end up with those couple of days in Buenos Aires after all. DH said to send his regards and thanks to a fellow Scot (although we live in Surrey at the moment.) I am an avid lurker of the BAEC threads and have enjoyed reading your posts there.

Thanks again

Katie
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I won't start a new thread as I only need confirmation.

Assuming the arrival from MEX is on time and lands at EZE at 125p or so, would there be sufficient time to get from EZE to a 4M flight at AEP that leaves 450p on a Saturday?

Will be travelling business class, can hand carry bags if needed. This will be on a Saturday.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
I won't start a new thread as I only need confirmation.

Assuming the arrival from MEX is on time and lands at EZE at 125p or so, would there be sufficient time to get from EZE to a 4M flight at AEP that leaves 450p on a Saturday?

Will be travelling business class, can hand carry bags if needed. This will be on a Saturday.
That should be fine. If you have luggage, you should be in a taxi by 230. If you don't have luggage, before 2p. You will be @ AEP within an hour after those times (there's a bus service, or you can take a taxi - it would depend when the next bus was leaving to decide that one). This is, of course, unless there is something like a trucker's strike blocking some of the highway (only happened to me once).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.