Wiki Posts
Search

Travel guides for EZE?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Travel guides for EZE?

I will be making my first trip to EZE in February. I only have two days, but I'd like to be able to see a bit of the city. Can someone please recommend a travel guide that has been useful? I often use Frommers, Fodors, Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, and Let's Go in my travels, but I find that some are better than others for particular destinations.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 4:15 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Ive heard good things from visitors about Fodors and Frommers. I have a couple of old Lonely Planet guides on Argentina and they also seem quite good.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 7:45 am

Buenos Aires Herald Tourism Guide in English

I like this one ... they delivered the guide to the hotel:

Price: $ 30 (=ARS!!) Capital and Greater BA (postage included) Interior add $ 5. OTHER COUNTRIES; U$S 20 (postage included)

The Buenos Aires Herald has published the 5th edition of the traditional Buenos Aires Tourism Guide in English.
A guide especially designed for tourists, foreigners, expats and newcomers. Written by local people who know and love BA.

What to visit?, Where to eat?, What to buy?

Find them in a 272 colour-page guide. Read all kind of answers to curiosities, history, details, hints, tips and everything tourists, foreigners, expats and newcomers need.

The different porteño circuits: Avenida de Mayo, La Boca, San Telmo, Retiro, Banking district, Puerto Madero, Recoleta, Palermo, Belgrano, Abasto and Beyond Downtown. Cultural circuit: Around museums and art galleries, and Jorge Luis Borges’ tour.

Shopping centres, hotels, restaurants and bars. Tango shows and tango academies. Also, the unforgettable BA at night, its architecture, people, secrets and history. An indispensable tool. Everything you need to know about porteños life!
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/arg...p?idContent=31
Old Nov 19, 2006, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks very much for the tips! I think I'll go with the Herald guide plus one of the others. ^
Old Nov 23, 2006, 6:18 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Great tip USAFAN, I will look into this guide myself.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 5:46 pm

Programs: United, Starwood
any new recommendations on a budget travel book?
Or, did anyone buy the Buenos Aires Herald book recommended above?

Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, Let's Go, Footprint, and Time Out all offer them. I usually go with LP but the reviews on Amazon.com appear spotty.

We will be spending less than 4 days in BA; about 2 before and 2 after flying down to hit all the patagonia attractions.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 5:21 am

I was shown the newest edition of the LP on Argentina and found it to be quite up to date.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 1:36 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
I used Time Out's BA Guide and thought it very good. It covered the "hip" aspects of the city that is prompting younger people to go there, but also had a good section on the city and its history.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 3:27 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Time Out's worked for me when I was there just fine.
The "Walkinng Tours" in Frommers were kinda' cool, and easily printable...esp. since so much of BsAs is walkable, with architecture well-worth walking by.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 6:44 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
It wont help the OP but among my friends and people I know we all agree that for most anywhere in South America and BsAs in particular, the Moon Guide is one of the best.

Be aware when you buy them in the stores though that you get the most up to date one. Not that it terribly matters but with travel guides you risk stock clearing.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.