Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Puerto Madero

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Hotels in Puerto Madero

I'm going to be staying at the BA Hilton this December and some friends are going to come visit. They can't afford the rates at the Hilton for those dates. Are there any recommended hotels near the Hilton that are more reasonably priced?

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mesadler
I'm going to be staying at the BA Hilton this December and some friends are going to come visit. They can't afford the rates at the Hilton for those dates. Are there any recommended hotels near the Hilton that are more reasonably priced?

Thanks
The Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero is walking distance away. It takes about 15 minutes at or about a leisurely pace for me, for what that's worth. There's also the Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center that is about the same distance away but with the walk do-able along the port for the most part. About 7 minutes additional walking distance away from the Sheraton is the LoiSuites Arenales which is very basic and old-style (and showing it's wear and tear) but has functioned well enough for visitors.

Personally, I'd say the Holiday Inn Express because it's walkable during the day and a short, cheap cab ride at all hours.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, GU.

Just threw the Sheraton Convention Center on hold with Starpoints. Will have to look into HIX.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You might also consider the Sheraton Libertador - a cheap close cabride or a moderate walk - they often have attractive $99 rates. Unless you have SPG status, you "get what you pay for", but it is a clean safe decent property.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Thanks, GU.

Just threw the Sheraton Convention Center on hold with Starpoints. Will have to look into HIX.
Just looked at the rates and the HIX Puerto Madero is not the bargain it used to be. Rates are literally double from two years ago.

Based on looking at the prices this year, SPG points at the Sheraton B.A. Hotel&Conv.Center is a much better value IMO.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:50 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Why limit yourself to locations that are in Puerto Madero?
Old Nov 11, 2006, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Because I'm staying at the Hilton and my friends want to stay nearby, but can't afford the HIlton.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:01 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Because I'm staying at the Hilton and my friends want to stay nearby, but can't afford the HIlton.
Understood. Please forgive me for not having read the above posts with more care...

In this case, some of the above suggestions are very good, please bear in mind that within a 10 minute taxi drive (cabs are very inexpensive in EZE) your friends will be very close to your location.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Understood. Please forgive me for not having read the above posts with more care...

In this case, some of the above suggestions are very good, please bear in mind that within a 10 minute taxi drive (cabs are very inexpensive in EZE) your friends will be very close to your location.
Along the same lines as above: within a AR$9-AR$12 (US$3-US$4) cab-ride a lot of ground can be covered to get even more hotels into consideration. The only downside of that would be traffic tie-ups, but that's generally not much of an issue except during peak business traffic hours and can even be an experience in and of itself.

And for even half the cash amounts I'm mentioning in this post for the cabs, a lot of other hotel properties can be added into the picture too.

Gaucho100k, what are your suggestions that are a AR$5-AR$12 cab ride away from the Hilton besides some of the ones already mentioned?

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 12, 2006 at 1:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.