Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airpass for Argentina?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 8:28 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Airpass for Argentina?

Since Im a local, Ive never had an experience with Airpass for Argentina. Im wondering if any of the well travelled South American board regulars have ever looked into the details of Airpass for their domestic Argentina air-travel. Is this worth it? I get asked this question all the time and I cannot answer.

Thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:06 am

I looked into airpass for LAN. The prices were good, but the restrictions weren't. Had to fly RT on LAN or OneWorld, nonstop from SCL/LIM was on a space available basis (no confirmed seat), and if you flew OneWorld (AA), the coupon prices were 20% higher than if you arrived in SA on LAN.

I need a flight from SCL/LIM and am not willing to stay at the SCL airport HOPING for a seat or taking the flights through BA (about 10 hours). I passed. But if you just want to fly around SA and are not concerned about time, it is definitely a money saver, even with the 20% OneWorld upcharge.

You cannot purchase if you are a resident of SA (except Brazil) and must have a RT international ticket before purchase.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 3:49 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for the info. Is airpass available with all major international carriers?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Thanks for the info. Is airpass available with all major international carriers?
LAN South America Airpass is only available to LAN and ONEWorld customers. And the inbound flights must be RT to/from US, Europe, etc. NOT availabe to open jaw customers (I was arriving direct from USA, but returning via LHR/JFK/LAX). Once they found out I was going from SA to Europe, THEN to the USA, NOPE. I just gave up-WAY too many restrictions for my trip.

But would be a good deal for intra South America flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.