Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AEP Advice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

AEP Advice

Can't change the title, so this is really about EZE and AEP.

I ended up with a 8 hour layover in BA tomorrow, USH EZE/AEP ASU, so domestic to international (arrive EZE at 4, depart AEP
at 0000). My ticket is AR and while it is premium economy, apparently AR handles this as J as I had access to the SkyTeam lounge in SCL.

I'm assuming no arrival lounge at EZE. I don't see a ST lounge at AEP. I have PP, but I'm guessing, based on past experience, that PP will enforce the 3 hours even though it is a connection.

EZE has luggage storage where AEP does not. What are the logistics of dropping bags at EZE, going into BA for a bit, returning to EZE for my luggage and then heading to AEP?

I also checked day use rooms in the vicinity. The only one that I could find was the BA DoubleTree which seems to be a bit of a distance from either airport. (And day use still may have an early checkout - 6 PM or so)

Any other suggestions?

TIA

Last edited by lamphs; Mar 22, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by lamphs

Any other suggestions?

TIA
Take me out for lunch? Too late - just saw this at nearly 2am and already busy!

EZE bag storage, going to the city, going back to EZE, and then going to AEP is not practical.

No arrival EZE lounges. I'd look for a cheap room in or around the Microcentro and just leave at 10pm or so and head to AEP. As a practical matter, you won't get to the City until 530 earliest with a 4p EZE arrival, and should arrive AEP no later than 10p. I'd also suggest that you talk to one of the remise services upon arrival at EZE to see if a driver will take you on a city tour with your luggage in the trunk, etc. Too late to suggest anyone that I might recommend. at this point. Figure that you really have 4 hours to kill.

Weather is lovely here - you just missed the torrential flooding.
lamphs likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Take me out for lunch? Too late - just saw this at nearly 2am and already busy!

EZE bag storage, going to the city, going back to EZE, and then going to AEP is not practical.

No arrival EZE lounges. I'd look for a cheap room in or around the Microcentro and just leave at 10pm or so and head to AEP. As a practical matter, you won't get to the City until 530 earliest with a 4p EZE arrival, and should arrive AEP no later than 10p. I'd also suggest that you talk to one of the remise services upon arrival at EZE to see if a driver will take you on a city tour with your luggage in the trunk, etc. Too late to suggest anyone that I might recommend. at this point. Figure that you really have 4 hours to kill.

Weather is lovely here - you just missed the torrential flooding.
Would have been glad to take you to lunch - I think I've used your FT advice more than once. Well, the USH-EZE flight got delayed by two hours and changed to USH-AEP. Problem solves sort of. Still had 7 hours to pass. Did not realize that the AEP PP lounge only served the domestic side and I had to suffer at an Outback. The last time I ate at an Outback is when I was stuck at ATW for a weekend, Outback was next door to the hotel, and the Redskins were at the Packers. Being from the WDC area, the local Packers' fans were very welcoming. Anyhow, the intl side was fairly quiet and I found a place to get a bit of work accomplished.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.