Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Domestic flight connections - possible airside?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2023, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Looking at some domestic itineraries that might involve connections in AEP, COR and MDZ.

Are domestic departing and arriving passengers segregated or is it like in the US where one disembarks directly into the departure area staying airside and not having to go land side and clear security again. How is each airport, AEP, COR and MDZ set up?
Old May 22, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Platinum
AEP is the only one I have had a connected through and it was not segregated. While we used the other two in April, it is not something I can recall one way or the other.
Old May 22, 2023, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyckiwi
AEP is the only one I have had a connected through and it was not segregated. While we used the other two in April, it is not something I can recall one way or the other.
Thanks for the info.

Planning to do a same plane turn in either COR or MDZ, so being able to stay airside and deplaning into the departure area will make things easier.

Can you recall anything about the arrival process at either of those airport?
Old May 22, 2023, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I've flown to/from MDZ many times over the years and most recently, last June.
IIRC, it's always been via jetbridge, which means you arrive upstairs and then are in a glass/walled-off area when you then head downstairs. It's segregated if you arrive domestically or internationally.
However, my recollection is that come off the jetbridge into this little glassed-off area and not directly into the main terminal gate area. I'm not sure if you can stop and ask someone to let you through or this process is not as I recall.
Old May 22, 2023, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

OskiBear, thanks for the reply.

Say I do a 35 minute same plane turn at MDZ and won't be let through into the departure area, how efficient is the security process/airport layout? Do you think that would be possible? Obviously I would be checked in and have no bags.

Reason for doing same plane turn is to add a new airline to my ever growing list of flown airlines.
Old May 22, 2023, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OskiBear
I've flown to/from MDZ many times over the years and most recently, last June.
IIRC, it's always been via jetbridge, which means you arrive upstairs and then are in a glass/walled-off area when you then head downstairs. It's segregated if you arrive domestically or internationally.
However, my recollection is that come off the jetbridge into this little glassed-off area and not directly into the main terminal gate area. I'm not sure if you can stop and ask someone to let you through or this process is not as I recall.
Thanks for the reply.

Say I do a 35 minute same plane turn at MDZ and won't be let through into the departure area, how efficient is the security process/airport layout? Do you think that would be possible? Obviously I would be checked in and have no bags.

Reason for doing same plane turn is to add a new airline to my ever growing list of flown airlines.
Old May 22, 2023, 6:52 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
For what its worth . Both Cordoba and Mendoza are fairly small airports.

Same plan turn around? ---why dont you contact the airline direct to see what they say?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.