Wiki Posts
Search

Aerolines Argentinas - How to contact an actual human agent

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
Aerolines Argentinas - How to contact an actual human agent

I live in Chicago and contacting this them is next to impossible. Earlier this year I was able to use Whatsup but that's all computer interactions with a final destination to a useless web link. Any advice please?

I had a ticket with the with a smae day IGR-AEP, AEP-FTE outbound and FTE-AEP return.
Aerolineas Argentinas changed this to AEP-FTE flying first and then IGR-AEP as a second flight later the same day which does not make sense.

I am stressing out about this since I booked directly with the airline so that there would be no middle man and they could handle this with a simple phone call. The online booking site has the change flight button greyed out
Old Dec 13, 2022, 7:55 am

Hi aarato,

We had all 4 of our flights this past November changed without notice by Aerolineas back in July so I know the feeling. I only noticed after randomly checking the app one day.

After much searching, I located their live agent number in Florida - try calling (305) 648-4100

I had a few calls with them and the service reps were very helpful and spoke fluent English. They had live access to the seating and helped rearrange our flights.

Best of luck!!
Old Dec 13, 2022, 9:26 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Mernman, thank you for sharing this valuable info. Great resource for all those that want to visit Argentina !!
Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:46 pm

I feel your pain, I needed to get a refund last year.

I never did talk to a real person. Perhaps they answer their phone now but they didn't then. I tried the online forms. I gave up on wattsapp. I finally sent emails to every email address I could find. Eventually I got a refund.

I want to make a change to flight reservations for January but I am not going to risk it until I get down there and can talk to someone in person.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
It seems that the Argentina website is also much better than the US site. For whatever reason, the US site is a skimpy, downed-down version that allows you to do virtually nothing on your reservation. If you navigate to the Argentine site, there's usually a lot more info and options to do a bit of self-service. Not a lot, but still more than what I could ever find on the US site.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 12:21 pm

@OskiBear - agreed - we booked our tix on the Argentine website with a bit of help from Google Translate after finding the problems you noted with the US website.

While in Argentina we received a couple notices about our reservations so needed to visit their office in El Calafate and Mendoza and found both experiences very good.

I wouldn't hesitate to make future bookings using their website knowing a bit more about the process now and how to handle changes as they come up.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 4:34 pm

Can you cancel a flight on the phone with the agents mernman ? I tried to use the online form to request cancellation and a refund but it won't let me submit the form without Argentinean banking info. I don't have an Argentine bank account. Since I can't submit the form I'm looking for another way to cancel and get a refund. I booked a fully refundable flex fare on my credit card through the aerolineas argentinas website, the full-featured Spanish version.

Any luck contacting AA aarato ?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 5:41 pm

Hi bellheir - sorry but I don't know if the agent can assist with a cancellation. Our discussions involved rearranging existing flights that were changed by the airline and each of the flights ended up taking place on the originally scheduled date but at different times.
The agents were helpful and had access to the airline's system, so it would probably be worth a call to find out.
Please let us know how it works out.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:43 pm

A minor update. The US sales representative sent me the link to an alternate form that didn't require Argentine bank info. I got an email confirmation that the refund is being processed.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:15 am

Facebook Messenger

I successfully chatted with a live person via Facebook Messenger and purchased additional checked luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.