Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaid SIM for 1 month in Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2021, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Prepaid SIM for 1 month in Argentina

Hi, my father-in-law is flying to Argentina from Vienna in February for 1 month hiking trip and we are looking for some pre-paid Argentinian SIM mainly with prepaid 3G/4G data (calling/texting is not important). I checked amazon and ebay but all options were out-of-stock. He will land in EZE (with 12hrs layover) and leaving next morning to Salta from AEP. Can you please recommend me some options?

Or does not have to be some prepaid, we are basically looking for any options how to use data connection in Argentina.

Last edited by casey89; Dec 22, 2021 at 7:16 am
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
If the phone supports eSIMs (e.g iPhone 10 and later) you can grab a cheap virtual SIM via esimsb.com.
3GB for $13 or 5GB for $17.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
If the phone supports eSIMs (e.g iPhone 10 and later) you can grab a cheap virtual SIM via esimsb.com.
3GB for $13 or 5GB for $17.
thank you. the link not work though. but i think the phone does not support the eSIM. I heard about Movistar shops at EZE and doing all the stuff with the staff but I am not sure how well they speak english or how complicated is the process
Old Dec 26, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by casey89
shops at EZE and doing all the stuff with the staff but I am not sure how well they speak english or how complicated is the process
Yes, in many countries now in order to buy a mobile phone or SIM card you have to identify yourself with a state-issued document (anti-terrorist measures), and not sure if a non-Argentine document would do, in this case.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by spainflyer
Yes, in many countries now in order to buy a mobile phone or SIM card you have to identify yourself with a state-issued document (anti-terrorist measures), and not sure if a non-Argentine document would do, in this case.
It seems that in some countries, SIM cards are only available at the airport upon arrival. This was true for us recently in Barcelona.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.