Wiki Posts
Search

Mendoza - open for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Mendoza - open for international travel

The Argentine government announced today that Mendoza is open for international travel as of tomorrow.

Only for Argentine nationals and residents at the moment though.

Although the new measure starts tomorrow, most observers say that flights are unlikely to start until next month.

Prior to the pandemic Mendoza was connected to Panama, Santiago de Chile, Lima, and Sao Paulo
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by malagajohn
The Argentine government announced today that Mendoza is open for international travel as of tomorrow.

Only for Argentine nationals and residents at the moment though.

Although the new measure starts tomorrow, most observers say that flights are unlikely to start until next month.

Prior to the pandemic Mendoza was connected to Panama, Santiago de Chile, Lima, and Sao Paulo
Happy to hear! A buddy of mine in Mendoza mentioned the same the other day. Hopefully things will continue to open up especially for foreign travelers outside of the surrounding countries.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
This is a step in the right direction. Now its time to allow tourists that are fully vaccinated to come back into the country !!!!
LETTERBOY and happychic like this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
Is there any hope for foreign tourists to visit Buenos Aires in late October? I have tickets and am hopeful.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by donjo
Is there any hope for foreign tourists to visit Buenos Aires in late October? I have tickets and am hopeful.
No one has a clue...

Some rumours indicate it might be possible but others say it will be 1st December.

The poor performance of the government in the primaries makes me think that any decision will be announced late in the day.
happychic and donjo like this.

Last edited by malagajohn; Sep 19, 2021 at 7:51 pm
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:14 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Has anybody seen the fine print on this and how the entry into MDZ works...? More importantly, has anybody thats a "normal" tourist been able to get an airline to sell you a ticket to fly to Argentina and enter through Mendoza...?

Would appreciate any insight/experiences from anybody that is game for this.

Thanks !!
Alex / Gaucho100K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.