Search

Only 4 flights a day to EZE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Only 4 flights a day to EZE

Apologies for another strange post.

Sir Chandler, one of Argentina's most serious aviation bloggers has just posted that the objective of the government is to have only 4 flights a day during April at EZE so that they can test 100% of all passengers/

Developing story.

More to follow
jelky and happychic like this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 4:40 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
As far as I can tell, the K Regime appears to have backed down (for now), from imposing the 4 flights a day policy..... AA had its flights disrupted for only 72 hours but then things went back to "normal"....

I will post back as soon as I know more. Im currently in the USA and scheduled to fly back on 4/26 so I will find out sooner or later.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
As far as I can tell, the K Regime appears to have backed down (for now), from imposing the 4 flights a day policy..... AA had its flights disrupted for only 72 hours but then things went back to "normal"....

I will post back as soon as I know more. Im currently in the USA and scheduled to fly back on 4/26 so I will find out sooner or later.
Look forward to this report as I’m also in the USA but not returning until mid June via GRU on TK.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:05 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
The last I know is that the Government has backed down from further cutting frequencies, at least for now and until 4/30. I dont know the situation of all carriers, but American has been guaranteed operation of 1 daily frequency from MIA and 1 weekly frequency from DFW. I will come back and report more as I receive new information.
happychic likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 7:23 pm

Hey, I'm trying to find flights out of Argentina in the next week, ideally before the 30th given the uncertainty on what the government is going to do after the current restrictions end. Seeing almost no flights, especially not direct to MIA, DFW, IAH, EWR, or JFK.

AA has one-way direct to DFW on the 29th for $6900 in business.$1800 one way to MIA in Economy on the 27th and 29th.

UA doesn't seem to have a single seat available EZE-IAH in any class. All United shows are 2/3 stops through LIM, SCL, BOG, or even worse, Brazil. PTY is off the table because they don't have lie-flat.

DL a $7k one way to ATL tonight.

Is this simply because of the limited flight schedule, or are all the Argentines in perpetual crisis filling up all the flights?

I already have a RT leaving the 4th of May for $3600 on UA, but was asked to find an earlier flight...just in case. This is for a high risk passenger so trying to avoid econ and multiple stops.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TandroyFoty
Hey, I'm trying to find flights out of Argentina in the next week, ideally before the 30th given the uncertainty on what the government is going to do after the current restrictions end. Seeing almost no flights, especially not direct to MIA, DFW, IAH, EWR, or JFK.

AA has one-way direct to DFW on the 29th for $6900 in business.$1800 one way to MIA in Economy on the 27th and 29th.

UA doesn't seem to have a single seat available EZE-IAH in any class. All United shows are 2/3 stops through LIM, SCL, BOG, or even worse, Brazil. PTY is off the table because they don't have lie-flat.

DL a $7k one way to ATL tonight.

Is this simply because of the limited flight schedule, or are all the Argentines in perpetual crisis filling up all the flights?

I already have a RT leaving the 4th of May for $3600 on UA, but was asked to find an earlier flight...just in case. This is for a high risk passenger so trying to avoid econ and multiple stops.
Well I think any flights past 4/30 are just placeholders until the airlines get word on how Argentina will handle the flights after 4/30. AA is the only airline flying daily to EZE so that’s why their fares are so high and trying to get a flight now this close in ( in normal times ) would probably cost you as much. In regards to Copa; they were flying their MAX9’s to EZE with lie flats pre grounding of the max and they are on the schedule later in the year ( something to keep in mind for the future ).

So yes the limited flight schedule with AA really dominating the limited flight options and we are talking under 10 days your looking to travel add up to a high fare.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Well I think any flights past 4/30 are just placeholders until the airlines get word on how Argentina will handle the flights after 4/30. AA is the only airline flying daily to EZE so that’s why their fares are so high and trying to get a flight now this close in ( in normal times ) would probably cost you as much. In regards to Copa; they were flying their MAX9’s to EZE with lie flats pre grounding of the max and they are on the schedule later in the year ( something to keep in mind for the future ).

So yes the limited flight schedule with AA really dominating the limited flight options and we are talking under 10 days your looking to travel add up to a high fare.
Interesting, I wasn't aware Copa had new lie flats and UA does show the MAX9s on this week's flights. That opens up the options. Thanks for that. I'll keep searching. Did find $2k one way through Bogota which could work.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 11:06 am

United just cancelled the May 4th EZE-IAH flight, no explanation, no offer to change the flight. Can't find any direct flights until May 5th and 7th now and the agent said the flight on the 30th is completely sold out, in all classes.

Last edited by TandroyFoty; Apr 24, 2021 at 11:50 am
Old Apr 24, 2021, 2:10 pm

United just cancelled the May 4th EZE-IAH flight, no explanation, no offer to change the flight. Can't find any direct flights until May 5th and 7th now and the agent said the flight on the 30th is completely sold out, in all classes.
Its because the airlines are still waiting on the Argentine government to see how they will proceed in May. Hopefully an announcement comes in the next few days so the airlines can put together a schedule for May to EZE.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
<snip> PTY is off the table because they don't have lie-flat.
Ummm... given the situation in Argentina, if one seriously needs to "get out" I'm not sure you have the luxury of just wholesale writing an option off due to lack of "lie flat" seats...

Regards
Old Apr 26, 2021, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wouldn't be too hopeful of things returning to 'normal' flight wise for quite some time. I would say May is very unlikely especially if the Government goes ahead with the rumoured 10 day lockdown they want to introduce.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Ummm... given the situation in Argentina, if one seriously needs to "get out" I'm not sure you have the luxury of just wholesale writing an option off due to lack of "lie flat" seats...

Regards
Sure, but you can't account for people's choices.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Sure, but you can't account for people's choices.
Fair enough, but frankly they must not need to get out that badly then.

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.