Wiki Posts
Search

Argentina expected to impose 20% tax on tourist dollars

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA
Argentina expected to impose 20% tax on tourist dollars

The new government said it will put a 20 percent tax on international purchases, including airline tickets, hotels, and payments on platforms such as Netflix. The measure is part of the economic recovery package the government will submit to Congress Monday.

https://www.batimes.com.ar/news/econ...urchases.phtml
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Its going to be 30% ....

We are all delighted at the new government identifying top priorities.......
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

President Fernández called Sunday for overseas shoppers and the country's powerful agricultural producers to make an extra "effort" for the good of the country.
Aye...so we will.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:36 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Its important to note that this 30% Tax will hit ONLY ARGENTINE ISSUED credit cards.... dont want visitors to ge the impression that this will hurt those that visit. On the contrary.... this just means that the Blue Dollar is back strong as ever, so Argentina is now (once again) a great bargain for visitors......
boxo likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Its important to note that this 30% Tax will hit ONLY ARGENTINE ISSUED credit cards.... dont want visitors to ge the impression that this will hurt those that visit. On the contrary.... this just means that the Blue Dollar is back strong as ever, so Argentina is now (once again) a great bargain for visitors......
Gaucho100K

Thanks for the clarification. I don't check this section on Argentina as often as I should. But when I do , I appreciate anything that you comment on as you are always pretty much spot on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.