Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sharing a container to Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Sharing a container to Argentina

Not sure if this is the right places but I was hoping to find a family or individual who is planning to move to Argentina and willing to share the cost of a container. I am a french citizen living in the US and married a beautiful Argenitinain Lady and we are planning to live in Argentina. We have done some research as far as the cost fo transportation and it seems shipping a container is way cheaper than any other option. See below:

The issue is we only have goods for half of the container and other half is empty so anyone willing to join us for shipping their goods only pay for the other half which is about $1500 normally cost around $3000.
Please contact us if interested?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Welcome to FT!

Sharing a container with another party, or a consolidated container causes issues if there’s an inspection on the US side, and/or release on the foreign port side. If for some reason your container mates entry had some issues your product would be delayed until those issues are sorted out. So bear in mind you may be saving some money but may be adding some minor risk or delay. I would suggest that you look around on rates. Outside of the ocean freight cost there are several fees at origination and destination that quickly add up. Therefore, I suggest you do extensive homework on the total move cost from door to door. Best of luck!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

When we moved from the UK to here 12 years ago the removal company quoted us two options. One was to have sole use of a small container or have our possessions as part load of a large container. The price difference wasn't that great to be honest considering the number of negatives involved in sharing a container.
I wouldn't advise it but if you're on a tight budget and aren't too concerned about the extra time and hassle involved then you might prefer it.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you do this, handle it through the freight agent. Most will sell space by the cubic foot. Not always a great savings and there are other issues noted above, but it's worth getting the quotes.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.