Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

How will the "new" EZE look like....?

How will the "new" EZE look like....?

Old May 12, 19, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Post How will the "new" EZE look like....?

Here is a video, some real footage, some "animated" and rendering to give folks an idea of what the remodeling and upgraded facilities will look like at Ezeiza International Airport. If things continue to progress as scheduled, the new airport should be completed by September or October of this year. Given the upcoming elections, I think there is a very decent chance that the schedule will be kept...... but I guess we will find out soon enough !!!

Sorry, I didnt find this in English....

HIDDY likes this.
Old May 12, 19, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Looks great! Thanks for posting.. Seems to be very well designed architecture .. From what I saw recently, I think that September October schedule is going to be a longshot, I hope you’re right.. I thought the sign said sometime in 2020??
Old May 12, 19, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Can't say I've had any significant problems when travelling from and to EZE in all the years I've used it. So it'll be a case of it getting even better.
Old May 12, 19, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Can't say I've had any significant problems when travelling from and to EZE in all the years I've used it. So it'll be a case of it getting even better.
Yeah, I have to say that for all the generalized chaos and pelotudez that Argentina sometimes has to offer, I've never had any problems with their airports. I just wish EZE weren't soooooo faaarrrrrr awaayyyy from the city...

(I will say that the last time I flew out of BA and LAN offered me a routing out of AEP instead of EZE, I felt like I'd won the lottery!)
Old May 12, 19, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA View Post
Yeah, I have to say that for all the generalized chaos and pelotudez that Argentina sometimes has to offer, I've never had any problems with their airports. I just wish EZE weren't soooooo faaarrrrrr awaayyyy from the city...

(I will say that the last time I flew out of BA and LAN offered me a routing out of AEP instead of EZE, I felt like I'd won the lottery!)
EZE is a tad closer to me than AEP so no complaint there....still takes over two hours to get there right enough.
Old May 12, 19, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
I have to agree. EZE airport can have a few problems from time to time but normally it is just fine for travel a AA to and from the USA. The check-in , gates and lounges are fine. Tienda Leon to and from the Puerto Madero is also a very well ran service.
Old May 12, 19, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
Looks great! I have to say that as an annual visitor over the past decade, it's already vastly improved. Flying UA back in 2008, the terminal area in A was pretty rundown and the facilities were less than ideal. However, with the construction of Terminal C, the new area is really nice and even though I don't depart out of that area, it's still great to walk over and stretch my legs before a flight. Plus the new lounges are a huge improvement.

I'm pretty fascinated by looking at the aerial views of how they built Terminal B/C - looks like they just sliced across the old terminal area with a new building.

Last edited by OskiBear; May 12, 19 at 10:26 pm
Old May 13, 19, 10:28 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
My favorite thing about EZE (and AEP) is the Yenny's bookstore. They actually have a decent literature selection, and it's a good way to burn unwanted pesos on my way out before the ghost of Perón destroys their value.
malagajohn likes this.
Old May 13, 19, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA View Post

From my side of the City, EZE is only 25 to 30 minutes without traffic. I've never gotten to/from AEP any faster than that. (I expect that the Paseo del Bajo will help that situation.)
Old Jun 6, 19, 9:37 am
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Yes, the Paseo del Bajo has made a HUGE (positive) impact on traffic.
Old Oct 12, 19, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Any update on the opening of the new airport terminal? Last I read was about the tragedy when the scaffolding collapsed and a worker passed away. Does anyone know when the new terminal is planning to open ?
Old Oct 12, 19, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
Any update on the opening of the new airport terminal? Last I read was about the tragedy when the scaffolding collapsed and a worker passed away. Does anyone know when the new terminal is planning to open ?
I haven't seen any updates, but as of a few days ago, looking back after arriving, I'd be surprised if it is open by election day.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Yesterday, 12:53 am

Interesting

Looking forward to seeing all the updated technological advances at the new airport:

https://www.sita.aero/pressroom/news...zeiza-terminal

Search this Thread