Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Advice on AEP-EZE Connection?

Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

I booked a UA flight OGG-SFO-IAH-EZE-AEP-UAQ in July. The AEP-UAQ segment is with Aerolines Argentinas.

For the outbound flight the UA ticket only gave 2 hr for transfer between AEP and EZE, which is impossible to make. There was no other options during booking, and I wasn't aware of the problem.

I contacted UA asking to move the UAQ-AEP 1 day earlier, however the price difference is $1500(!). The agented suggest contacting UA for same-day change on the day of departure, which means I'll need to stay for one evening in Buenos Aires.

Any suggestions on what to do? You help will be much appreciated!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:39 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Hi. Welcome to the Argentina Forums. While Im sure the folks that are regulars here will be happy to help, you may want to try posting a similar thread on the UA Forum, where you will probably get additional tips.

Is your time in between flights exactly 120 minutes....?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Check the "legal" minimum connecting time for your itinerary. I doubt that it's only two hours EZE to AEP, international to domestic.

BTW, do you have a single ticket for this entire itinerary or a separate ticket for the AR domestic flight?
Gaucho100K likes this.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Apr 2, 2019 at 7:06 am
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by xudongsun
I booked a UA flight OGG-SFO-IAH-EZE-AEP-UAQ in July. The AEP-UAQ segment is with Aerolines Argentinas.

For the outbound flight the UA ticket only gave 2 hr for transfer between AEP and EZE, which is impossible to make. There was no other options during booking, and I wasn't aware of the problem.

I contacted UA asking to move the UAQ-AEP 1 day earlier, however the price difference is $1500(!). The agented suggest contacting UA for same-day change on the day of departure, which means I'll need to stay for one evening in Buenos Aires.

Any suggestions on what to do? You help will be much appreciated!
SDC on UA is typically permitted on UA metal only. The best angle for a change would be minimum connection time in my opinion. Best of luck

Last edited by Flying Machine; Apr 2, 2019 at 9:50 pm
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

SDC on UA is typically permitted on UA metal only. The best angle for a change would be minimum connection time in my opinion. Best of luck
Agreed on playing the MCT card.

The MCT should appear on Amadeus/Sabre when they go through your booking. I don't know how long it is in the case of an EZE-AEP transfer, but 2 hours seems impossible, particularly when coming in from an international flight and having to go through customs and immigration.

Whatever you have to do, do it before getting to AEP. There is no Star Alliance, let alone UA, representative at AEP, and AR does not have any agreements with United, so AR people will probably be quite clueless. Your last shot could be the UA desk at EZE, but still, I would try to sort everything out before leaving home.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
UA and AR are two different alliances (Star and Skyteam), is it common to get a single ticket like that?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
UA and AR are two different alliances (Star and Skyteam), is it common to get a single ticket like that?
Yes. Interline, joint fares/ticketing agreements are not uncommon, irrespective of alliance, especially (and primarily) with a long haul international carrier when combined with a domestic segment by another carrier. You'll often find it deep in fare rules. Even if not in the fare rules, there's usually nothing to inhibit it on the same ticket, even if it isn't part of a combined fare. It will just price point to point for each segment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.