Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

What time to leave to EZE?

Old Mar 1, 16, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton

Flight departs from EZE at 9pm on weekday.

If travelling from Recoleta area what time should passengers go to the airport (EZE)?

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 16, 10:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
9pm departure = 6.30pm at the airport at the latest.

I would leave Recoleta at 5pm.
Old Mar 1, 16, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Agreed. It will take you no less than 45 minutes to get to EZE, and figure 1:00, but occasionally, there's some mess that will make it take longer.

Plan an hour for your post-check-in procedures (security and passport control). It will likely take 30 minutes, but on occasion, will take more than an hour.

Check-in will depend on your airline/status/class.
Old Mar 1, 16, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Marambio and Eastbay1K,
Thank You so much for the info

passengers are flying first class, so check in would be faster.
Originally Posted by Marambio View Post
I would leave Recoleta at 5pm.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
Agreed.
I will tell them to leave to EZE at 5pm.

Have You been to EZE lounges for OneWorld? Which one to go to?
Old Mar 1, 16, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ellylex View Post
Marambio and Eastbay1K,
Thank You so much for the info

passengers are flying first class, so check in would be faster.
I will tell them to leave to EZE at 5pm.

Have You been to EZE lounges for OneWorld? Which one to go to?
I much prefer LAN over AA, but if you like re-warmed odd dishes under a heat lamp and marginal wine, then AA may be the lounge for you. Some much prefer the AA lounge. While I'd say "they need their heads examined," it being Argentina, many if not most already have. Check out both. They are steps apart from each other.
Old Mar 2, 16, 6:42 am

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
Besides the airline check-in process and lounge access, are there any other differences at EZE for pax in F (security lines, etc.)?
Old Mar 2, 16, 6:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by dia1 View Post
Besides the airline check-in process and lounge access, are there any other differences at EZE for pax in F (security lines, etc.)?
Unless you are flying Emirates First you will go through the same security/immigration procedures than any other passenger. EK uses the AA2000 VIP Club which has its own security and immigration control.
Old Mar 2, 16, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
We always plan to arrive at EZE no later than two hours before departure even though we stay a 2 hour drive away. Priority check-in helps as does departing around midday early afternoon. More often than not we arrive earlier which is all to the good.

Evening departures are a different kettle of fish as is getting to EZE during rush hour so I agree with the others. No point in leaving it late as you want to be relaxed.
Old Mar 2, 16, 12:35 pm

These mid-evening departures are always better to get there on the early side. The security checkpoint changes in the blink of an eye from almost no queue at all to a queue that runs out past the boarding pass scan. Migraciones about the same.

Arrive early as advised above, and you will most likely breeze through check-in, security and immigrations, and just have some time to kill in the lounge (I suggest the LAN lounge over AA). Arrive just a touch later, and you will have long waits at all three bottlenecks, and will need to go straight to the gate anyway.

Take into account traffic leaving Recoleta for the periphery of the city and again deciding to leave a half hour earlier could save you another half hour on the road, as traffic just gets progressively worse between 5 and 8 or so.
Old Mar 2, 16, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
Thanks much for the useful information!
Old Mar 8, 16, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Cut off for checking/bags drop at EZE is 75 minutes before departure (at least for AA), I usually arrive 90 minutes before and I have enough time for some drinks at the lounge. From Centro to EZE is around 45~60 minutes during rush hour (5~7pm). For a 9pm departure, I will leave not later that 6pm.
Old Mar 11, 16, 6:46 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
How about for domestic flights out of EZE?

Can anyone speak to whether the recommended times and especially the 75 minute bag check cutoff apply for domestic travel out of EZE? Flying Aerolineas Argentinas. Their website says to arrive 120 minutes ahead for a domestic flight. Desk clerk at the Sheraton says one hour is plenty. Our flight is at 7 am. Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 17, 16, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Anyone have any experience with really late flights out? I'm on Turkish on a Sunday night leaving at 12:20am. Thinking to leave Palermo around 9:30... does that allow enough time? Flying business class, will be checking a bag.
Old Mar 17, 16, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Palermo itself can have bad traffic jams in the evening. It could take a good bit of extra time for a taxi to navigate the streets to and from your hotel. It can also be tough to get a cab there in the evening, so you might want to have your hotel book in advance for you.
Old Mar 20, 16, 6:07 am
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Traffic is also quite sensitive to the day of the week... Fridays can be especially bad.

Search this Thread