EZE to Cruise Terminal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZE to Cruise Terminal

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
EZE to Cruise Terminal

Hello,

I'm cruising out of Buenos Aires with check-in times from noon to 4pm.
I plan to use DL miles on G3 (GOL) GIG-EZE, arriving at 1:25pm.

Do you think that's enough time to make it from the airport to Celebrity cruise terminal? And how much would taxi costs?

FWIW, it's going to be on a Sunday.

Thank you! ^
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I strongly suggest you get an earlier flight. You might make it, but there's a good possibility you won't. And then you have to get to the next port yourself.

Traffic can be unpredictable, customs can be unpredictable, South American airline flights can be unpredictable. Any airline flights can be unpredictable. You're setting yourself up for a headache.

Are you sailing around Cabo de Hornos? It's a great trip, have fun!

Last edited by Doc Savage; Dec 15, 2015 at 10:15 pm
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'd arrive earlier. You could be off the plane with your bags through all formalities within 30 minutes, but it could take you well over an hour. I've had unpredictable lines at unexpected times. Plan on 45 minutes from EZE to the cruise terminal. Plan on US$30 to US$40 if you're paying by a credit card and don't have local currency. The currency situation may change before you get there, but figure no cheaper than upper $20s and no more than $40.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As you have a cruise to catch I agree with the cautious advice given by others. Much more relaxing for you if you arrange to arrive into BA the evening before the cruise departs.

You can use your Delta miles to fly Aerolineas Argentinas. They serve AEP as well as EZE from GIG and have better scheduling. I'd definitely only fly them the day before though.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Thank you for the quick response. They're very helpful!

Yes Doc Savage, we're cruising around Cape Horn from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Looking forward to it.

As for the cruise, it actually won't depart until the evening of the 29th. It overnights in Buenos Aires. So if we missed the check-in time, we'll check in the following day. Obviously I'd love to make the cut off time so I don't have to pay for a hotel.

I know most of you advised to catch an earlier flight ... well this is the earliest flight for GIG-EZE. I checked GIG-AEP and even SDU-EZE/AEP and the best options are either this flight arriving at 1:25pm into EZE or a flight arriving into AEP at 3pm. Should I take that one instead?
And if we leave the evening before, it will cut into our time in GIG. We only get time off enough for the cruise but trying to squeeze some extra time for GIG pre-cruise

So beside cutting close, in reality you guys think we'll make it? Sunday shouldn't bee too bad of a traffic in the afternoon, right?

Thank you thank you ... really appreciate the help ^^
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk

As for the cruise, it actually won't depart until the evening of the 29th. It overnights in Buenos Aires. So if we missed the check-in time, we'll check in the following day. Obviously I'd love to make the cut off time so I don't have to pay for a hotel.
In that case stick to your original plan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.