LAN ARGENTINA - domestic tickets bought by visitors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAN ARGENTINA - domestic tickets bought by visitors

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: BA, Asia Miles
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here has actually flown (without having to pay extra) on either an Aerolineas or a LAN flight booked on the Argentinian site, using a foreign card?

Also someone mentioned that on the Aerolineas site it now explicitly states that the VAP21 and TAP28 fares are for residents only (instead of saying all fares are residents-only). However in the longer Ts&Cs it still says 'Las tarifas expresadas en pesos (ARS) para vuelos dentro del territorio argentino no se aplican para compras realizadas en el exterior. Sólo se aplican a residentes en Argentina'. Would this simply be a case of the website not yet having been updated?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oli_rousselot
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here has actually flown (without having to pay extra) on either an Aerolineas or a LAN flight booked on the Argentinian site, using a foreign card?

Also someone mentioned that on the Aerolineas site it now explicitly states that the VAP21 and TAP28 fares are for residents only (instead of saying all fares are residents-only). However in the longer Ts&Cs it still says 'Las tarifas expresadas en pesos (ARS) para vuelos dentro del territorio argentino no se aplican para compras realizadas en el exterior. Sólo se aplican a residentes en Argentina'. Would this simply be a case of the website not yet having been updated?
I was originally going to buy a ticket but I finally decided to use miles for my internal flights so I will not be able to feedback personal experience on this occasion.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm looking to book a one way flight on LATAM from Rio Gallegos to the Falklands.

The fare on LATAM's USA website and its Chile website is $585.

When I search on kayak, it shows me that the fare on some online travel agents is $600+, but on vayama it's $180.

When I search on LATAM's Argentina website, it shows a fare of 3,924 pesos = $143. Obviously, I'd prefer to pay that.

My concern is whether the low fare on the Argentina website is restricted to residents of Argentina. I don't see any warning or message about that in the conditions of carriage.

It allows me to input my American passport number and does not prompt me for an Argentine DNI.

It does invite to input a CUIL or CUIT number. I'm not sure what those are, but it looks like this may be an optional entry for someone who wants to claim a tax credit. There is also an option here to simply input "no informa."

I realize that this would be an international ticket going to the Falklands, but I'm wondering why the price on the Argentina website is 1/4 of the price on other platforms? Does that mean it's a discounted residents only fare? Should I expect any problems at check in if I book it?

Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I just did a dummy booking on RGL-MPN on Latam's Argentine website and saw no sign of that fare being restricted to residents, so you should be able to book it.

And yes, RGL-MPN is considered a domestic flight by Argentine law
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Marambio
I just did a dummy booking on RGL-MPN on Latam's Argentine website and saw no sign of that fare being restricted to residents, so you should be able to book it.

And yes, RGL-MPN is considered a domestic flight by Argentine law
I'm confident I can book it, i'm just worried about whether I'd have problems at check in. If I go to latam.com, it prompts me to choose country of residence. Is choosing the Argentina website a (false) representation of residence that I'll be called out on later?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I'm confident I can book it, i'm just worried about whether I'd have problems at check in. If I go to latam.com, it prompts me to choose country of residence. Is choosing the Argentina website a (false) representation of residence that I'll be called out on later?
Choosing the website of a country on LATAM is not a declaration of residency in any way, it is just a way to more conveniently deal with you, especially deal with you in your own currency.

If there was an issue before, there certainly is not an issue now. That is clear from continuous experience of non-residents over the past few years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.