Wiki Posts
Search

$ 100 BILL,OLD OR NEW (ars $)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

$ 100 BILL,OLD OR NEW (ars $)

I keep some ars,although I generally loose a bit on the blue rate,and ofcs inflation, from trip to trip,I find it convenient. Anybody know when the old ones will stop being legal tender?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The old ones will remain legal tender in the USA (likely) forever, and the old ones and the new ones are not legal tender in La Argentina.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The old ones will remain legal tender in the USA (likely) forever, and the old ones and the new ones are not legal tender in La Argentina.
Did not quite understand this,I was asking if anyone knew when the old 100 ars bills would be likely to stop being legal tender,as I generally have some lying around ? In most countries there is a phasing out period when you can use both old and new,after which you have to go to a bank to change them. I am perfectly aware that US or indeed any other foreign banknotes are not legal tender in "La Argentina".
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by geirfugl
Did not quite understand this,I was asking if anyone knew when the old 100 ars bills would be likely to stop being legal tender,as I generally have some lying around ? In most countries there is a phasing out period when you can use both old and new,after which you have to go to a bank to change them. I am perfectly aware that US or indeed any other foreign banknotes are not legal tender in "La Argentina".
Probably for a very long time (or until a new currency is introduced). Some bills stay in circulation a very long time e.g. $2 bills are often very badly mutilated and held together with tape but still allowed to remain in circulation.

Printing new bills costs money ...
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geirfugl
Oh, sorry, ARS bills - I assumed US$ bills being used to exchange for AR$ (which is usually what most people are asking about here). That's what I get for posting so quickly after returning from EZE still sleepy from the trip home!
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:43 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
The current AR$100 bills will be good for at least another 18 months..... I don't think the next government will move to change the currency, so even past that, inflation issues aside, the AR$100 bill will be around for quite some while me thinks.....
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Definitely the AR$100 bills will be around and valid for a while (new and old ones). The problem you might encounter in some months, will be the value of it. Who knows, maybe they add higher value bills. We are going through times of uncertainty (economy wise). But the old bills are still accepted everywhere and will be like that for quite some time.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hopefully the La Tina note will be withdrawn from circulation after the next election.

Yet another example of how low this woman will stoop.

Last edited by HIDDY; Jul 4, 2014 at 2:30 pm
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Hopefully the La Tina note will be withdrawn from circulation after the next election.

The pic was about to be secretly replaced with the Boudou, but that plan hasn't quite gone according to plan. Buy the presses, Buy the presses ... um, I mean Stop the presses, Stop the presses!
Old Jul 4, 2014, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The pic was about to be secretly replaced with the Boudou, but that plan hasn't quite gone according to plan. Buy the presses, Buy the presses ... um, I mean Stop the presses, Stop the presses!

For anyone wondering what I was talking about in my earlier post. If you look at the new note the LA TINA text of the BANCO CENTRAL DE LA REPUBLICA ARGENTINA is of a different colour to the rest of the text and positioned to read LA TINA....the pet name CK was known by many years ago.

Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thank you,I aked bcs I have severall trips booked for this year,and I would not like to leave with old,Roca bills,if they were likly to be made obsolete,the inflation issue is ofcs a different thing,at my "level of ars holding" its anoying,but not realy more than that.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by HIDDY

I'm surprised that 'Tina hasn't introduced a larger denomination bill, "el tuerto". To commemorate la década ganada and all.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:48 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
I'm surprised that 'Tina hasn't introduced a larger denomination bill, "el tuerto". To commemorate la década ganada and all.
While much needed, a large denomination bill would be admitting to a certain level of Inflation.... and that is something that these folks don't want to be seen as doing..... (sigh)
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:55 pm

I have pre-Evita Ars100's in my travel wallet from my last trip. Will they still be accepted when I arrive next January?

By pre-Evita I mean the Ars100's in circulation in early 2013 before the Evita notes went into circulation.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by jimmac
I have pre-Evita Ars100's in my travel wallet from my last trip. Will they still be accepted when I arrive next January?

By pre-Evita I mean the Ars100's in circulation in early 2013 before the Evita notes went into circulation.
Yes no problem, it's by far the most common $100 note in circulation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.