Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Sandwich - Help w/Middle Days

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Park Hyatt Sandwich - Help w/Middle Days

Hi all,
Thanks to Flyertalk, my wife and I, who are both public school teachers, are flying off to BA in first arriving on Christmas. Again, thanks to Flyertalk, we have booked four nights at the Park Hyatt. Unfortunately, they only had bookable reward space for our first two and last two nights (25th/26th and 29/30th). She is pregnant with our first child due in April, so we are trying to keep the total cash spent reasonably low. We need help with what to do for the middle two days. Mostly, we want to relax and maybe sit by a pool for these days since we are from chilly Boston. But we are open to any good ideas. We have four ideas right now:

1. Book two nights @ Sheraton Colonia. We would get to see Colonia and get to say we went to Uruguay. Downsides are the ferry might be dicey for her and we would have to pay in cash.

2. Two nights @ Tigre Intercontinental. This would get us out of the city and we could book using our AA points at their vacation site. But it is brand new and unknown.

3. Two nights @ Hilton Puerto Madero. We could use points and the pool looks great. But it is in the city, so it would not be much of a change.

4. One night at a ranch outside the city and book one night at Hyatt using the certificate rate. The Hyatt does look spectacular, but there is no pool and this would cost the most cash.

What would you choose? Any other/better ideas? Sorry for the long OP and thanks for any help you can give.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would go for the Colonia option...the water is pretty calm so the ferry shouldn't be a problem.

Enjoy the Park Hyatt when in BA...superb hotel. ^
Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:04 am

Have you spoken directly with reservations department/management at the Park Hyatt?

Sometimes they are able to find availability for you even if it does not show online.

For questions about this, as well as info on any of the Hyatt properties, the Hyatt forum is very helpful.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:35 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Welcome to FT... and congrats on the new member of the family !!! ^
Old Nov 19, 2011, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Welcome to FT... and congrats on the new member of the family !!! ^
Indeed. ^

I had a look at the Tigre Intercontinental as I didn't know about this new property till I read this thread. Looks very nice.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA, JPM
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Have you spoken directly with reservations department/management at the Park Hyatt?

Sometimes they are able to find availability for you even if it does not show online.

For questions about this, as well as info on any of the Hyatt properties, the Hyatt forum is very helpful.
^ I second that. Ran into the same problem with the PH Paris. Emailed the hotel directly and by the next afternoon, I had a phone call letting me know that they had opened a room for our stay.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. Still deciding. Might also be able to get Park Tower for $180/night. Does that option appeal to anyone?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 5:57 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Patsfan73
Thanks all. Still deciding. Might also be able to get Park Tower for $180/night. Does that option appeal to anyone?
The Park Tower is a very nice hotel... seems to get consistent top reviews from FTers that come to town, and its a favorite of assistants to the famous annual Cow Do event.... ^
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Gaucho. I booked the Park Tower at 180/night. It was listed at 290/night on SPG but found it at another site for 205 and got 10% off that with a successful BRG throught SPG. I think I got a pretty good deal. I might mention it over in the SPG forum because the site I found it on still has it at the lower price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.