Wiki Posts
Search

AEP - Remis vs. Taxi

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
AEP - Remis vs. Taxi

Had a bit of a surprise today at AEP, in pricing the local transportation.

The Remis companies have a minimum charge of 50 pesos, the Taxis are at regular metered rates.

So from AEP to Palermo is 50 pesos in a remis, but only 20 in a taxi.

I tend to think of Remises as the better deal, but with the airport minimum, shorter trips are better in a taxi.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:34 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/22.2.110; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.4)

Thanks for pointing this out... I wasnt aware of the Remise minimum charge. I guess this means Remises are targeting long routes rather than short trips.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Many airports in the US have a "minimum fee" for taxis originating at the airport; this is a way of protecting the drivers from standing in line for 4 hours only to get a very short ride.
In this case it is somewhat different: taxis do not have minimum but a car service that you order ahead of time does.
I guess it is because AEP is in the city and some clients may order a Remis for a 5 minute ride to Recoleta or Barrio Norte.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.