AEP Restaurant?

Old Jan 17, 10, 12:31 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 961
AEP Restaurant?

I have an almost 4 hour stop at AEP next month, arriving at 2 from El Calafate and leaving at 5.50 for Salta.

I'm interested in knowing if there's a decent restaurant or parilla at the airport or within walking distance of the terminal. I would like to relax over a decent meal and not eat airport fast food crap. As I usually fly in and out of EZE on visits to Argentina I'm not very familiar with AEP.
jimmac is offline  
Old Jan 17, 10, 5:29 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Programs: statusless these days
Posts: 19,387
Walk across the road and there are a number of parrillada stands. Not very fancy but cheap and good. ARS 5 for a choripan.


http://s1002.photobucket.com/albums/...=DSC05703s.jpg
YVR Cockroach is offline  
Old Jan 17, 10, 6:10 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 961
I was hoping for a nice sit down lunch with a bottle of wine.
jimmac is offline  
Old Jan 17, 10, 6:23 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Programs: statusless these days
Posts: 19,387
There are plastic chairs and tables to sit down at but they're by no means luxurious (but cheap!) No burnt animals offered inside the terminal unfortunately AFAIK.
YVR Cockroach is offline  
Old Jan 17, 10, 7:48 pm
  #5  
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: EZE (Buenos Aires)
Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Posts: 35,104
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post
I have an almost 4 hour stop at AEP next month, arriving at 2 from El Calafate and leaving at 5.50 for Salta.

I'm interested in knowing if there's a decent restaurant or parilla at the airport or within walking distance of the terminal. I would like to relax over a decent meal and not eat airport fast food crap. As I usually fly in and out of EZE on visits to Argentina I'm not very familiar with AEP.
Jim.... considering you have 4 hours... by all means take a Taxi to Happening Costanera... its a 4 minute cab ride from AEP and you will have a great meal... they have excellent grilled/dead cow options and a very good wine list also...

Forget the chepo parrillas across the street.... not that they will do you any harm but considering your above comments, go to Happening... you will not be dissapointed.
Gaucho100K is offline  
Old Jan 17, 10, 9:43 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 1,990
About a third of a mile away from the airport is Siga La Vaca. Come out of the airport, turn right, walk along the Costanera and the restaurant is on the right-hand side. It's a great "all you can eat" parilla with lots of dead cow and a decent salad bar. For $46 (about US$12) you also get a bottle of wine, a litre of beer or soft drink per person plus dessert thrown in too.

Siga La Vaca website
britenbsas is offline  
Old Jan 18, 10, 6:58 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 961
Gaucho100K and britenbsas, thanks for the suggestions. Found them both on a map and now I know we have some good options. Thanks for your help.
jimmac is offline  
Old Jan 18, 10, 7:27 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 961
Now for my next silly question about AEP. Is there a left luggage place at AEP?

I suspect we'll have max size carry-on wheelies with us and I've no desire to lug them to a restaurant. Is there a storage place to leave them? (Checking them in on the flights is not an option because we'll already have checked in the maximum weight).
jimmac is offline  
Old Jan 18, 10, 8:02 am
  #9  
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: EZE (Buenos Aires)
Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Posts: 35,104
Originally Posted by britenbsas View Post
About a third of a mile away from the airport is Siga La Vaca. Come out of the airport, turn right, walk along the Costanera and the restaurant is on the right-hand side. It's a great "all you can eat" parilla with lots of dead cow and a decent salad bar. For $46 (about US$12) you also get a bottle of wine, a litre of beer or soft drink per person plus dessert thrown in too.

Siga La Vaca website
Is the AR$46 price current...?? I have been to Siga La Vaca in ages... but for some reason this price seems a little too low given current costs to eat at Restaurants in EZE.... could be wrong though.

Just as a side comment, you will spend at least 2.5x that Happening with a decent bottle of wine, more than that if you select a premium label.... this being said, Siga La Vaca is a no-frills eatery (nothing wrong with that) and Happening is an upscale restaurant, so please note the apples vs. organges comparison...
Gaucho100K is offline  
Old Jan 18, 10, 8:10 am
  #10  
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: EZE (Buenos Aires)
Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Posts: 35,104
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post
Now for my next silly question about AEP. Is there a left luggage place at AEP?

I suspect we'll have max size carry-on wheelies with us and I've no desire to lug them to a restaurant. Is there a storage place to leave them? (Checking them in on the flights is not an option because we'll already have checked in the maximum weight).
Yes... AEP does indeed have left luggage facilities... you should be able to leave you stuff there...
Gaucho100K is offline  
Old Jan 18, 10, 8:37 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 961
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K View Post
Is the AR$46 price current...?? I have been to Siga La Vaca in ages... but for some reason this price seems a little too low given current costs to eat at Restaurants in EZE.... could be wrong though.

Just as a side comment, you will spend at least 2.5x that Happening with a decent bottle of wine, more than that if you select a premium label.... this being said, Siga La Vaca is a no-frills eatery (nothing wrong with that) and Happening is an upscale restaurant, so please note the apples vs. organges comparison...
It's current on the Siga La Vaca website as the Monday to Friday lunch price. Dinner is more expensive as are weekends. Its AR$62 for lunch on a Saturday, for example.

I will have to ask my wife what kind of gourmet experience she prefers.
jimmac is offline  
Old Jan 18, 10, 8:39 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 961
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K View Post
Yes... AEP does indeed have left luggage facilities... you should be able to leave you stuff there...
Thanks, Alex. Now we are set for our day of flying from the far south to the far north. Now I just need to arrange a wine purchase visit with you when we return to BA from Salta the last week of Feb. I'll send you an e-mail.
jimmac is offline  
Old Jan 18, 10, 9:36 am
  #13  
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: EZE (Buenos Aires)
Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Posts: 35,104
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post
Thanks, Alex. Now we are set for our day of flying from the far south to the far north. Now I just need to arrange a wine purchase visit with you when we return to BA from Salta the last week of Feb. I'll send you an e-mail.
Perfect... look forward to your message...
Gaucho100K is offline  
Old Jan 21, 10, 4:12 pm
  #14  
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: EZE (Buenos Aires)
Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Posts: 35,104
Jim.... also, once you do chose the restaurant, please come back and report your experiences...
Gaucho100K is offline  
Old Apr 29, 10, 10:12 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by britenbsas View Post
About a third of a mile away from the airport is Siga La Vaca. Come out of the airport, turn right, walk along the Costanera and the restaurant is on the right-hand side. It's a great "all you can eat" parilla with lots of dead cow and a decent salad bar. For $46 (about US$12) you also get a bottle of wine, a litre of beer or soft drink per person plus dessert thrown in too.

Siga La Vaca website
I think we might visit Siga La Vaca the day we fly out of AEP for Patagonia. It is on my list of restaurants to visit in BA and that day would be a good time to visit since it is located close to AEP.

I looked at a map and have a hard time knowing which direction from the airport the restaurant is? Google map shows walking south-east along Costanera whereas the Siga La Vaca website shows walking northwest along Costanera (the opposite direction). I used the address: Avda. Costanera Rafael Obligado 6340 for google maps.
tranzformer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread