Wiki Posts
Search

Visa Reciprocity fee to start December 20, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by starlanet
Fee is valid for 10 years! (as US visas).
10 years? Or the life of the passport, up to 10 years?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by srpilo
It's anti-american sentiment by vistors like you that require strict screening at our US borders and ports of entry.
I hope that you appreciate recursion, because your argument has no end. Abusive immigration processes are necessary due to travellers who speak out against abusive immigration processes?

I don't see any "anti-American sentiment" in the post that you replied to, merely resentment towards an immigration policy that apparently in your eyes would constitute "anti-American" bias if applied in kind. I find your post to be a very distasteful attempt at dismissing criticism through ad hominem nonsense.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FT has a politics forum (OMNI PR) where that tangent of this thread should be taken to.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I presume it will be for 10 years (providing you present your expired passport). When people have reporting having to renew their passports in BsAs, if they were able to show their old passport with a still-valid visa, that was accepted by migraciones.

John
Old Dec 31, 2009, 7:29 am

On my one visit I entered using my Brazilian National ID card (instead of US passport). I guess that will have to be the case more than ever now.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
10 years regardless of the life of the passport. This is in reciprocity to the US policy of issuing 10 year visas regardless of the life of the passport on which they are stamped. Just bring your expired passport along with your current one, show the stamp on your old passport and you will be fine.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
10 years regardless of the life of the passport. This is in reciprocity to the US policy of issuing 10 year visas regardless of the life of the passport on which they are stamped. Just bring your expired passport along with your current one, show the stamp on your old passport and you will be fine.
I'm presuming this is the case too but you don't leave any room for doubt that these are the rules. Do you have any source for this info? I haven't seen anything on the migraciones website or elsewhere here in Argentina which specifically addresses this issue.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by britenbsas
I'm presuming this is the case too but you don't leave any room for doubt that these are the rules. Do you have any source for this info? I haven't seen anything on the migraciones website or elsewhere here in Argentina which specifically addresses this issue.
I would also be interested in a source for this information. thank you
Old Jan 1, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Should have posted this sooner --

We came through EZE on the morning of Dec 27 on United. The booths for collecting the stupid fee were up. Maybe 2 of them, for the entire area. I was surprised to see a group of 3 workers inside the booth were futzing with the computers, sort of like they were trying to test the software. Given that Dec 27 was a Sunday, and part of the Christmas weekend, I was surprised to see work being done. But I guess that was just the last minute tweaks to get started the next day. Sheesh, talk about 'just in time'.

I'm curious to hear about the lines. It really seemed like these booths were set within the main immigration corral lines. I'm not sure how they are going to direct traffic in this area, but it seems really really poor, and clearly appears to be an afterthought.

Yep, we're enjoying our time here. Very happy to have beaten the fee by 1 day! But feel bad for the rest who didn't.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by lexkid
I would also be interested in a source for this information. thank you
Both the Argentine Consulate in Los Angeles and the US Embassy in Buenos Aires state in no uncertain terms that the fee is valid for 10 years. Nowhere is "life of the passport" mentioned.

http://www.consuladoargentino-losangeles.org/
http://argentina.usembassy.gov/warde...r-11-2009.html
Old Jan 1, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: IC-Royal Amb, Hilton Gold VIP AA PLT
Originally Posted by mikkel
I hope that you appreciate recursion, because your argument has no end. Abusive immigration processes are necessary due to travellers who speak out against abusive immigration processes? .
Excuse me??
Who say my country's immigration processes are abusive? I think most american's agree and are quite comforable with our entry requirements, but of course if you don't agree, no one's forcing you to comply. Visting any country and compling with their visa/entry requirements is a personal choice, and your reluctance to do so dosen't make them abusive.

Again, no one's forcing you to visit.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 3:07 pm

I suggest you try entering the US as a tourist, student or business person after having complied with all entry requirements. After you get yelled at for no reason and threatened with deportation for the fun of it, let me know if you still think this is not abusive.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suggest you try entering the US as a tourist, student or business person after having complied with all entry requirements. After you get yelled at for no reason and threatened with deportation for the fun of it, let me know if you still think this is not abusive.
Folks, this is about Argentina charging a fee, not whether or not the US greets foreign visitors with roses and champagne, and sends a caviar cart with vodka down the line while waiting for the immigration officer.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Timatic indicates a 10-year validity

The Timatic entry for US citizens entering Argentina indicates a 10-year validity, in contrast to the Chile entry which specifies that the visa is for only the life of the passport.

John
Old Jan 1, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: IC-Royal Amb, Hilton Gold VIP AA PLT
Our immigration policys primary responsibly is to insure the safety and well being of american citizens and our country, not to create an open door policy to the rest of the world weather friend or foe. Sorry.

Once again if you don't like the policies, no one's forcing you to come, you have that choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.