Antarctica for someone prone to seasickness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Antarctica for someone prone to seasickness

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:38 pm

I'm going in Dec 2015!

I'm planning for my trip now with a couple friends. We're going to use Victory Adventure Expeditions to fly there and back in 1 day. Anyone have any good tips or experience with Victory Adventure Expeditions? Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: Loyalty? Hah!
Originally Posted by Maykita
Are you going on the Ocean Nova? I am doing a fly the Drake trip on Ocean Nova with Antarctica XXI in December. It seems like the main downside of flying is the risk flights will get delayed or cancelled due to weather. But with luck we will have no issues!
Just looked at this again. Yes, we're on the Ocean Nova, three weeks and we're off to Chile, then Antarctica! Can't wait!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Just wanted to report that we had an excellent trip on the Ocean Nova with Antarctica XXI's "fly the Drake" cruise. We were lucky with the weather and everything was amazing. Highly recommend the trip and especially signing up for the optional snowshoeing and/or kayaking programs, which added greatly to the experience for us.
Old May 6, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Try Quark's "express" trips, fly from Punta Arenas to King George RT to avoid the drake passage all together.

Also, try get some Zofran from your doctor in addtion to regular sea sickness OTC drugs.
Old May 6, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Whatever you do, don't use ginger. Placebo at best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.