Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ansett Australian Global Rewards
Reload this Page >

Golden wing closure notice removed from website....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2002, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat

... however the "Help" item still says they are closed 29/30/31 Jan.

Very curious for Friday morning!! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

(incidently I just spoke to AN res to put my seat request in and the lady wanted to double check that the flights I had was on purpose. When I explained she thanked me for my support and was very nice - still no news though).

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 3:20 am

I've been told we're getting box catering, ala QF Economy on Friday. Business Class is as usual, but no points (wonder if Tesna's going to allow retroactive claims)

I'm a tad annoyed now, because I'll have to find out when the next AN starts.

They killed my 1PM flight as well!

Cheers,

Justin
Old Jan 30, 2002, 3:31 am

Notice how all C & D class inventories are down to 0.

You might be interested to read:

"AN Update
A news report for Ansett employees
AN Update 016
30 January 2002

TESNA START-UP SCHEDULE TO OPERATE POST 1 FEB: Further to yesterday’s announcement of an extension of the settlement period prior to Tesna gaining ownership of the Ansett mainline airline business, the Administrators have today confirmed the proposed Tesna start-up schedule will operate from Friday 1 February 2002.

The new schedule will increase weekly flights from 424 to 530 over eight routes covering the five mainland capital cities. However, SYD-ADL-SYD direct flights have not been included in this initial start up schedule. Customers with bookings for this service will transit through Melbourne.

Full service will return to our airline after settlement of the sale to Tesna. Consequently, Ansett’s A320 fleet will remain in a single class configuration and in-flight service on board Ansett’s aircraft will remain in its current “no frills” format with water refreshments available for all customers. However, existing catering arrangements will remain on SYD-PER-SYD and MEL-PER-MEL routes.

Golden Wing Lounges will be open, offering tea/coffee services and vending machines.

For customers who have purchased business class fares in anticipation of the commencement of the new full service airline, refunds will be offered to reduce these fares to the full economy fare level.

There will be no strategic adjustment to current airfare levels as fares offered during February and beyond are industry competitive. Other business-as-usual tactical fare initiatives are constantly being evaluated and will be considered, if required."

There used to be a telephone number to get AN Updates, don't know if it still works.

Cheers,

Justin

PS: From 01MAR, Business Class is available in the system.

[This message has been edited by Skystar (edited 01-30-2002).]
Old Jan 30, 2002, 5:18 am

too bad for the catering biz that's been preparing for 1 Feb. You'd think they could give us something, meanwhile it still says on the website that it'll be full-service from 01/02. Argh! Oh well, I'm still flying Ansett I guess...
Old Jan 30, 2002, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Oh well, then Friday morning is a test run for whenever the real date is ! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

Justin you beat me as I was just about to mention the C/D zero'ing out.

Gee, prob. won't even get into GW Club at this rate!

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 7:11 am

Programs: SK,BA,QF,AA, HH, IGH
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMEL:
Oh well, then Friday morning is a test run for whenever the real date is ! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif
</font>
Well I couldn't make it on Friday, but I'll put my name down for the first flight after the close of the sale.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Golden Wing now set to re-open properly March 1st.

Hmm, another Friday!

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.