Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any promotions or discounts that work on holidays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Forgive me if this topic has been covered before but I'm too lazy to sort through the whole sticky on Amtrak promotions.

Are there any codes for a discount that I can get to travel Labor Day weekend? I tried h568, h570 and h571, all online and none worked, although I wasn't expecting they would. I also recently read that you have to call for h570 anyway.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:58 am

Programs: Peon in all
Originally Posted by caj11
Forgive me if this topic has been covered before but I'm too lazy to sort through the whole sticky on Amtrak promotions.

Are there any codes for a discount that I can get to travel Labor Day weekend? I tried h568, h570 and h571, all online and none worked, although I wasn't expecting they would. I also recently read that you have to call for h570 anyway.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Most all promo codes have blackout dates - and most exclude the dates around major holidays (Labor Day weekend, July 4th weekend, Memorial Day weekend, Thanksgiving weekend, etc ...) when many people travel. Also many promo codes will expire around Dec 15 - just in time for the Christmas travel period!

Yes, you have to ask for H570 from a live person only - plus you have to pick up the tickets at a manned station from a live person only!

I personally am not aware of any codes that can be used on Labor Day weekend. But also keep in mind that if one day of travel is ON the weekend, and one day is OFF the weekend, it may be better to make 2 separate reservations.

If your trip is September 4-10, Sept 4 may be blacked out but Sept 10 is not! Thus, you may want to make one res for Sept 4 o/w, and another for Sept 10 o/w with the promo code!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.