Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Redeeming AGR miles for Continental certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2005, 9:12 am
Original Poster

I've been in the AGR program for nearly a year, so I still have a lot of questions. I've really appreciated this forum!

I read in the fine print that "Amtrak® limits the number of points a member can redeem for Program Partners or Merchants’ frequent traveler points and/or miles in a calendar year (including but not limited to Continental OnePass, Midwest Frequent Flyer and Hilton HHonors). The yearly limit for standard Amtrak Guest Rewards members is 25,000 points. The yearly limit for Amtrak Guest Rewards Select members is 50,000 points." I am a standard member.

I am wondering about turning in 25,000 Amtrak miles for Continental OnePass this month for calendar year 2005, and then doing so again in 2006 once I reach 25,000. That way my husband and I can use the certificates together for a flight. Before I do so, I want to make sure that this will work. I would prefer to wait as long as possible in December so that I will have more time to redeem the certificates at Continental. I read there that certificates are good for one year from date of issue.

Out of curiosity, are the cruise rewards good for two people or just one?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Old Dec 6, 2005, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Performing a 25K mile transfer in 2005 and then another in 2006 should be fine. As far as I know, AGR doesn't actually send certificates--they deposit the miles (5K miles for 5K AGR points) into the OnePass account. [I've transferred OUT of CO, and INTO UA (when that was possible), but I haven't transferred INTO CO.]

I don't know anything about the cruise rewards.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by WazzuCougFan
Out of curiosity, are the cruise rewards good for two people or just one?
The cruise reward are good for two people.

KMART SHOPPER

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.