Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Requirement to enter DOB when booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist

Somewhere in the past year or so, Amtrak introduced a requirement to enter your date of birth when booking a ticket. I assume this is a precursor to putting stricter limitations on ticket transferability similar to airlines, but that's a separate discussion. What I want to know is: I don't see a way to add my DOB to my Amtrak profile? So I have to enter it for every single ticket I book?
Old May 31, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Since when? I just booked and wasn't asked for that info.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:34 pm

Yes, I discovered this at some point earlier this year when the Submit button was grayed out and it drove me insane trying to figure out how to make the purchase. I ended up calling to book, thinking there was some glitch in the site as there so often is. The next time I booked I spotted it. There is nowhere to my knowledge to add it to your profile, you must fill it in every time. Just another way Amtrak can't get its act together technology-wise.
AndyPatterson and hi55us like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Since when? I just booked and wasn't asked for that info.
At least the last several months. See below. It's made me enter for the last 10-15 tickets I have bought. When I sign in to my account it populates everything except the DOB, but won't let me proceed until I enter a DOB.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
At least the last several months. See below. It's made me enter for the last 10-15 tickets I have bought. When I sign in to my account it populates everything except the DOB, but won't let me proceed until I enter a DOB.
Same here. I usually buy 10 tickets at once and have now resorted to just copying and pasting my birthdate. Speaking of Amtrak web technology, it forces me to log out and log back in after 5 or 6 ticket buys. It can't seem to figure out that I'm actively purchasing tickets. It must be on some sort of timer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.