Community
Wiki Posts
Search

first class 2155 from nyc to phil

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2021, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Post first class 2155 from nyc to phil

Hello just got my ticket on acela express train 2155 first class the person I got it from was really nice told me to give me some time to enjoy the lounge told me where it was. my question where is car 1 seat 5f and lets say i dont like my seat can i change it
Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chip280
Hello just got my ticket on acela express train 2155 first class the person I got it from was really nice told me to give me some time to enjoy the lounge told me where it was. my question where is car 1 seat 5f and lets say i dont like my seat can i change it
Car 1 will be at the front of the train, just behind the power car. So face west, and walk west, and you'll find it.
You can change your seat at Amtrak.com or in the Amtrak app, after you sign in and click on "Modify" or the like.
The new Acela lounge in Moynihan Hall is beautiful, as is the station.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
[QUOTE=chip280;33091256. my question where is car 1 seat 5f and lets say i dont like my seat can i change it[/QUOTE]
If you aren't sure, just ask when you get to the platform. The first class car is all by itself and not directly connected to any of the other passenger cars (power car in between - so I don't recommend entering the train somewhere in the middle and trying to walk through the train to the first class car). You should stick with seat 5F if you prefer to sit alone. It is a single seat and so one of the more desirable in the first class section (of course if you prefer to play footsies with someone you don't know, pick a seat that is facing another one with a table in the middle!)
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: AGR
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
If you aren't sure, just ask when you get to the platform.any of the other passenger ca The first class car is all by itself and not directly connected to rs (power car in between - so I don't recommend entering the train somewhere in the middle and trying to walk through the train to the first class car). You should stick with seat 5F if you prefer to sit alone. It is a single seat and so one of the more desirable in the first class section (of course if you prefer to play footsies with someone you don't know, pick a seat that is facing another one with a table in the middle!)
The FC car is connected to the other cars. You can walk to the other cars especially if you want to go to the Cafe Car.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
If you aren't sure, just ask when you get to the platform. The first class car is all by itself and not directly connected to any of the other passenger cars (power car in between - so I don't recommend entering the train somewhere in the middle and trying to walk through the train to the first class car). You should stick with seat 5F if you prefer to sit alone. It is a single seat and so one of the more desirable in the first class section (of course if you prefer to play footsies with someone you don't know, pick a seat that is facing another one with a table in the middle!)
I don't think they are selling the seats that way right now, ie, if you choose a seat with a table, whether a 2 or 4, there won't be anyone else there. Someone can correct me if they've changed this. Of course, if your ticket is months away they could also have changed the policy back.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:34 am
Suspended

The first class car is connected to another coach (the quiet car, I believe). But if you board in another car and try to walk through the train to get to the first class car before the train departs, the crew might get upset. I've boarded in the business class car and tried to walk through to the first class car, and I was stopped by the crew and lectured about how that was unacceptable (since there is a small kitchen at one end of the first class car, which was in use). I was required to go back onto the platform and re-board directly into the first class car. I'm so sorry for inconveniencing the crew.
rittenhousesq likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Here's an image of the train layout. Southbound, the First Class car is directly behind the lead engine (aka "power car"). You can change your seat on the APP, even after boarding. It is still true that only one person can be assigned to a 2- or 4-seat table.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
The first class car is connected to another coach (the quiet car, I believe). But if you board in another car and try to walk through the train to get to the first class car before the train departs, the crew might get upset. I've boarded in the business class car and tried to walk through to the first class car, and I was stopped by the crew and lectured about how that was unacceptable (since there is a small kitchen at one end of the first class car, which was in use). I was required to go back onto the platform and re-board directly into the first class car. I'm so sorry for inconveniencing the crew.
And, of course, the same thing happens upon disembarking -- you cannot exit the F car through the kitchen end, only at the other end. Why? Well, the attendant is there to get your cash tips! I don't mind leaving a 5 or 10 tip, but the problem is now I so seldom spend cash that usually I only have 20s in my wallet from the ATM...
Old Mar 11, 2021, 6:11 pm

I once did this, only because I was connecting from a train that was very late and I literally ran into the first door I encountered as it was closing and then walked through the train. The crew didn't seem too happy when I came walking through the kitchen as if I owned the place.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
And, of course, the same thing happens upon disembarking -- you cannot exit the F car through the kitchen end, only at the other end. Why? Well, the attendant is there to get your cash tips! I don't mind leaving a 5 or 10 tip, but the problem is now I so seldom spend cash that usually I only have 20s in my wallet from the ATM...
I like to sit in the four-top or two-top nearest the kitchen. When disembarking at NYP if it's a totally full car, and the attendant in the kitchen is one whom I know pretty well, I'll slip him or her a twenty & get let out through the kitchen.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Thank you! That was the reason I posted my comment. Yes of course it is physically possible to walk from the quiet car up through the service area to the first class car (as others reprimanded me about), but from a practical standpoint, you should just board the first class car directly from the platform. And yes you are discouraged from attempting to access the first class car from the rest of train (while I've never done it, I would assume that once you are in first class and want to venture back to the cafe car, it might not be as big an issue).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.