Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to evoucher rules

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Changes to evoucher rules

Received the below from Amtrak:

Updates include:
Transferability: eVouchers are non-transferable. The name on the eVoucher must match the full name of one of the travelers in the reservation in order to be used for payment. To pay with multiple eVouchers, all eVouchers must belong to the same traveler.
Expiration: If eVoucher(s) was used as the only payment method, then the refunded eVoucher will retain the original eVoucher expiry dates. If the original payment method contains a form of payment other than an eVoucher, then the expiration date of the eVoucher will be one year from eVoucher issuance.
Seems like changes that are consumer-unfriendly. Another move to be more like the airlines?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 4:56 pm

I also received this but tbh, I thought it was crazy lenient that they issue a new eVoucher every time you cancel or rebook with change so this makes some kind of sense to me. That is, last March/April, I cancelled probably 20 trips and received eVouchers. This year, I have been slowly using them to pay for the small number of trips I now take and every time I use one, since fares are much lower, I get issued a new one for the remainder and it's good for a year from this new date. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the extension but I can totally see why they don't want you re-extending it forever.
wxguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.