Search

Anderson out--Amtrak getting new CEO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Anderson out--Amtrak getting new CEO

https://media.amtrak.com/2020/03/amt...and-president/

WASHINGTON – Amtrak announced that it has named William J. Flynn as its next Chief Executive Officer and President. Flynn, a seasoned business leader with four decades of transportation and logistics experience, will begin his role on April 15, 2020. Flynn succeeds Richard Anderson, who joined Amtrak as CEO in July 2017. Anderson, who fulfills his three-year commitment to the company this year, will remain with Amtrak through the end of the year as a senior advisor to Flynn.

Perhaps the litany of customer-unfriendly changes will end. Daze
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Interesting. I know Anderson was unpopular with train lovers, but I thought the financials were improving under him. Who decides who the CEO is for Amtrak? Is it a government appointed position?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:45 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I wonder if Amtrak requires its leaders to be under 65? Might be a union thing.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Amtrak's CEO is selected by the Amtrak Board of Directors. The current chairman is Anthony Coscia. Amtrak Board members are appointed by the president, and subject to senate approval.

There is no age restriction, and CEO is of course not a union represented position. Indeed, Mr. Anderson and his predecessor Wick Moorman were both retired from their positions at Delta Airlines and Norfolk Southern Railroad, respectively, before becoming CEO of Amtrak.

As the article states, Mr. Anderson had committed to a three year period, and that three years is expiring. Daze
Old Apr 10, 2020, 8:18 am

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Interesting. I know Anderson was unpopular with train lovers, but I thought the financials were improving under him. Who decides who the CEO is for Amtrak? Is it a government appointed position?
The financials were improving only if you agree with Amtrak's brand of accounting for capital costs, operating costs,etc., and how those costs are allocated across the system. Ask most states who contract for Amtrak services what they think about the accuracy or validity of the accounting method.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.