Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amtrak Connect live train-tracking map: gone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive

At least on Northeastern trains, Amtrak's on-board WiFi used to direct you to AmtrakConnect.com, which had a map that had live tracking of your train. It would show your train, in motion, on a map, with its speed, and the train's position and speed would constantly be updated.

Now that seems gone, at least on a long-distance train that I'm on. You can click on the "Track Your Train" page on the Amtrak website, but just shows a summary of your train's location and speed a few minutes ago, and it doesn't update in real time. For example, you can be cruising through Princeton Junction at 125 miles per hour, but the Track Your Train site shows you at Metuchen 7 minutes before doing 53 miles per hour, more or less.

Is there a way to get the live map back?

Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
I reccomend using https://asm.transitdocs.com/ for train tracking. though it does tend to be 5-10 minutes behind live.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Free agent
It's gone. My last bunch of Acela trips have been far less entertaining because of it.
ibrandsguest likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.