Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Upgrade Coupons

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Using Upgrade Coupons

Can anyone explain why it's not possible to use an upgrade coupon online? It is so much easier for me -- and I assume others -- to deal with reservations online rather than having to make a phone call. Is this just a way of discouraging their use?

I have tried asking this question to Guest Rewards, and have just received an answer restating their policy.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The coupon is somewhat of a kludge upon the reservation system. I don't think the reservation system is equipped to handle upgrades, so each one must be done manually, with a manual reissue and repricing to get the points to post correctly.

The coupons are currently electronically issued, which makes it a lot easier to use than the previous iteration of them, where they would mail them to you, and you had to physically surrender them at a ticket window in order to use them.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I think this is just Amtrak IT. There's a lot of things we wish we can do with Amtrak.

But I for one like the call in system, if only by the fact I know not everyone will do it, meaning I can always secure upgrade space when calling in at the 48 hour mark. Feel space won't be as freely available if all people had to do was click a few buttons
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:19 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
You have to call in. No other way around it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.