Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amtrak Limiting/Ending Some Fare Discounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amtrak Limiting/Ending Some Fare Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Have you looked into the NARP discount rates which are available to their members?

Bob H
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
Just signed up today for NARP/RPA (took 5 minutes and immediately had my member number) as I have an upcoming trip on NER and Downeaster, already recouped half the membership cost on booking that one trip with the discount. The selling point for me is the discount (unlike others) still allows for accommodation upgrades, which you don't get a discount on the upgrade itself (was the same way with AAA) but at least you still have the choice.

Now if only there was a referral program, for some bonus AGR points.

Last edited by Sicariis; Mar 1, 2018 at 11:28 am
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I hope you added your AGR number for the points bonus

https://www.railpassengers.org/thank-you/agr/
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
I hope you added your AGR number for the points bonus

https://www.railpassengers.org/thank-you/agr/
Absolutely. Planning a trip to Florida soon, taking Amtrak down (hopefully in a bedroom) so need all the points I can get for that redemption.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Sicariis
There is. You can only refer them by email, and those you have referred must sign up and take a paid trip within 90 days of signing up. The bonus is 500 points per referral. You and the person you referred will each receive 500 points.

There is a lifetime limit of 50 referrals per person.

To get to the referral screen, sign into AGR on the AGR website, click "My Promotions" on the left pane, and "Refer A Friend" should be under "Suggested Promotions." It's not a promotion that you have to register for, so it will always be under "Suggested." Clicking that brings up an on-screen pop up with the terms and a box to input an email address.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by diburning
There is. You can only refer them by email, and those you have referred must sign up and take a paid trip within 90 days of signing up. The bonus is 500 points per referral. You and the person you referred will each receive 500 points.

There is a lifetime limit of 50 referrals per person.

To get to the referral screen, sign into AGR on the AGR website, click "My Promotions" on the left pane, and "Refer A Friend" should be under "Suggested Promotions." It's not a promotion that you have to register for, so it will always be under "Suggested." Clicking that brings up an on-screen pop up with the terms and a box to input an email address.
I was referencing a referral program to get folks to sing up for NARP/RPA.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sicariis
Just signed up today for NARP/RPA (took 5 minutes and immediately had my member number) as I have an upcoming trip on NER and Downeaster, already recouped half the membership cost on booking that one trip with the discount. The selling point for me is the discount (unlike others) still allows for accommodation upgrades, which you don't get a discount on the upgrade itself (was the same way with AAA) but at least you still have the choice.

Unfortunately they've not made it a lot harder to use the NARP discount. Times and conditions have changed: it is not valid with Saver, business class or sleeper fares or on weekday Acela trains. That wasn't always the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.