Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Where are the 10% discount and FC upgrade coupons?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:53 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA

I earned Select status back in early December, for which the main perk are the couple of 10% discount and upgrade coupons. The email I got congratulating me on 12/9 said this:

Congratulations on earning Select status. Your Amtrak® travels are about to get even more rewarding.

Look for your membership kit, including your ClubAcela® passes, to arrive within four to six weeks. Until then, you can immediately access your One-Class Upgrades and Amtrak 10% Off Coupons and get complete details about your Select membership benefits online.

Thank you for being an Amtrak Guest Rewards® Select member. We look forward to seeing you on board soon.

I have not received the coupons yet, and the link they provide to "immediately access" them is dead. I called and inquired and the rep said I don't get anything until March when the new program year begins. I asked her why someone has to wait 4 months (in my case) or even longer if status was earned earlier in last year. She only could say "That's just how the program works".

Is she correct or misinformed? The email was pretty clear that I should have immediate access to these.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by PHL
I earned Select status back in early December, for which the main perk are the couple of 10% discount and upgrade coupons. The email I got congratulating me on 12/9 said this:

Congratulations on earning Select status. Your Amtrak® travels are about to get even more rewarding.

Look for your membership kit, including your ClubAcela® passes, to arrive within four to six weeks. Until then, you can immediately access your One-Class Upgrades and Amtrak 10% Off Coupons and get complete details about your Select membership benefits online.

Thank you for being an Amtrak Guest Rewards® Select member. We look forward to seeing you on board soon.

I have not received the coupons yet, and the link they provide to "immediately access" them is dead. I called and inquired and the rep said I don't get anything until March when the new program year begins. I asked her why someone has to wait 4 months (in my case) or even longer if status was earned earlier in last year. She only could say "That's just how the program works".

Is she correct or misinformed? The email was pretty clear that I should have immediate access to these.
Did you log in to your AGR account and look there?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
That's the standard email that is sent upon earning any new status level. Past data points show that generally anyone qualifying for a new status level in December, as well as the last two weeks of November, does not actually get a kit. At some point after mid-November, they just don't bother to mail out the kit. Probably figuring that you'll get another kit come late February.

That said, you should find that you have the free upgrade coupons which are really eCoupons when you log into your AGR account. Alas the 10%/Club Acela coupons are still paper coupons, so you probably won't see any from this year. But you will get them, along with additional free upgrade eCoupons in February. The paper coupons, along with a new membership card, should come a week or two before the end of the month. The eCoupons will post to your online account on March 1st, the start of the new "Status" year.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:17 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The link they provided me to get them as e-certs is not working
https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/vouchers/show

If you have another way of navigating to the e-certs, please let me know. I haven't seen anything on my AGR site anywhere.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PHL

If you have another way of navigating to the e-certs, please let me know. I haven't seen anything on my AGR site anywhere.
That's the link where mine show up. I can see my upgrade, companion, and 10% discount coupons at that link.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by PHL

Log into AGR, click the My Account tab. There should be a window for My Coupons. If you got the coupons, they will show there. If the coupons are not shown, then you did not get them.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:54 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I had to email AGR customer service. Only then did they put my FC upgrades and discounts where I could access them online. The lounge passes will be mailed in February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.