Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to book a sleeper car?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2016, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

How to book a sleeper car?

Today I tried to check the points required for booking a sleeper on Coast Starlight. The roomette appeared available with the price option. But when I chose "points" to check how many points it requires for booking the sleeper, the option "roomette" is still there but no info about required points was shown.

Then I searched the ticket on California Zephyr. Roommate was available with the price option, but was not shown at all when I clicked "points."

And I didn't see any bedroom available on these two trains with either price or point option. I don't know if they are all gone OR if the info is simply not displayed.

Do I need to call Amtrak by phone to book a sleeper? (I remember having done so several years ago but am not sure if the process remains the same after the AGR change.)
Old Apr 10, 2016, 2:36 pm

Try different dates to see what can be found. It may be the type of room that you want is sold out or blacked out. If you want to be sure, I'd call them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.