Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

AGR Points earned for Multi-Ride ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold

I just started commuting on the Hiawatha from Glenview to Milwaukee. The multi-ticket makes sense for me ($17.50 per trip vs $23) and I might end up getting a monthly depending on the number of trips I end up doing in a month.

How does point earning work with multi-ride or monthly tickets? Do I get the 100 points for each ride, or do I earn points based on the cost of my multi/monthly ticket?

Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:57 am
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
It's based on the cost of the ticket itself, irrespective of how many rides you make on that ticket.

Anthony
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AGR Insider
It's based on the cost of the ticket itself, irrespective of how many rides you make on that ticket.

Anthony
Thanks. That being the case, I wonder if it would make sense to purchase single-trip tickets while the Double Days promo is going on. I'd earn 200 points each way, which would come to $5.80 in point value per trip under the new AGR program. I could build up lots of points over the 2 months of the promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.