Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Double Days are back again this fall!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:48 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)

We're pleased to announce that our national Double Days promotion will continue this fall!

All members who register will earn double points on paid qualifying Amtrak travel from September 21 through November 21, 2015.

For more information, and to register, please visit https://AmtrakGuestRewards.com/DoubleDays15. Our Select Executive members will be automatically registered.

Terms and conditions apply.

Anthony Rizos
Director, Member Experience Solutions
Amtrak
Washington, D.C.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:30 pm

Is Double day promo working? went to site, asked me to sign in -I did - then web page disappeared ! Tried it when I was already signed in - wanted me to sign in again - I did - then web page disappeared, again!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:38 pm

I'm having the same issue. Endless loop.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:25 pm

Try adding "www." to the website address. Amtrak tech folks say they fixed the problem, but adding the "www." is the only thing that fixes it for me.

Last edited by synergistic; Sep 8, 2015 at 5:25 pm Reason: extra letter
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Just signed up!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
Try adding "www." to the website address. Amtrak tech folks say they fixed the problem, but adding the "www." is the only thing that fixes it for me.
That worked, thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Earn double points on qualifying Amtrak® travel from September 21 12:00:00am CT through November 21, 2015 11:59:59pm CT. Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register for this offer online at AmtrakGuestRewards.com/DoubleDays15 to participate. Members must include their membership number when making reservations for travel to qualify. Limit of two qualifying one-way segments per day. Amtrak Guest Rewards points will not be awarded for cancelled or refunded reservations or tickets. Other terms and conditions may apply. Amtrak, Amtrak Guest Rewards and Double Days are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.
And the lawyers speaketh...
Now what I find funny here is if you call to ask what other terms and conditions might apply, no one has a clue. So is this the catch-all should the points not post they will claim other terms kicked in and you don't get points? And what's with the seconds on the timing? They forgot to specify if it's scheduled departure time or actual. Many more questions come to mind, I'm surprised the T&Cs aren't more complete.

The most important question is should the hop be a short one (say under $50), do you get double the minimum or do you only get 100? Saving up for a sleeper trip while I can.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
The most important question is should the hop be a short one (say under $50), do you get double the minimum or do you only get 100? Saving up for a sleeper trip while I can.
If it's like previous DD, you will get 200 points for anything under $50.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Let's enjoy the last ride of this being what it has been...
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Also, what routes are and aren't elegible? It says on select trips/routes...will the trip from Philly to new york I booked a couple days ago qualify? Is there a way to check the elegibility of routes?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

I appreciate the attention paid to the T&Cs of this offer; however, the promotion is not configured differently from previous seasons. All Amtrak services that normally earn AGR points (e.g. not the 7000-7999 Thruways) will qualify for the promotion, up to two travel segments per day per member.

Anthony
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:52 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Good news indeed. A chance to earn some extra points before the pending devaluation.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
devaluation.
Not a true blanket statement. There are so many cases where members will be unaffected or far better off in the new structure vs. today!

Anthony
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: AGR Select/Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum
Originally Posted by AGR Insider
Not a true blanket statement. There are so many cases where members will be unaffected or far better off in the new structure vs. today!

Anthony
That is true for those that live on the NEC and other Corridors Anthony.

But those of us that live in Flyover Country and want to/,have to ride LD Trains cause thats all there is, will have to pay out hundreds if not thousands of dollars with No Bonus or double or triple points to redeem award travel!

And Seniors lose their 15% Discount when it comes to Redemptions. Why not just do away with Discounts if the name of the game is revenue?

No one has yet answered why Biz Class and Acela FC get Bonus Points, and why Sleeping Car passengers and Seniors, the biggest users of Sleeping Cars, get Nada! To paraphrase an old song : "Is that alll there is?"

Could you please explain this dumb and unfair policy? Can it be rethought so your most loyal customers aren't discriminated against,??
Thank you!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by jimhudson

And Seniors lose their 15% Discount when it comes to Redemptions.
Seniors don't currently have a discount when it comes to redemptions. The new formula doesn't change things in that regard. It will cost a senior citizen the same number of points to redeem for an award as it will cost a "regular" adult. That's the same as it has always been.

I think what you're saying is that you want seniors who pay $85 for a ticket that would normally cost $100 to also get to redeem a lower number of points for that ticket. That would be a significant change over the current structure and frankly, it would be hard to rationalize.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.