Wiki Posts
Search

Prices went UP???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
Prices went UP???

I haven't booked a ticket in about 3 weeks, I typically book in advance to get the best fare, and typically can get $49 Saver to $75 Value on a NYP -BWI one way trip, leave Friday and come home Sunday night or early Monday a.m. same price each way - and with my AAA discount the $75 is $67.50

I just went on to search a weekend in mid-November, and the new lowest pricing is:
Saver $52
Value $77
Flex appear to start at $151 - I think they use to be around $126 - but never really booked those so could be mistaken.

Also, premium pricing is lower than Flex - the quick searches I did had Flex at $151 and premium at $116 - strange to me.

Does anyone know when these prices went into effect? Not a huge jump on the Saver and Value, but still a bump is a bump.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_T120C Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Within the last week or so. $52 seems much higher than $49 to me, but that's a mental trick. $49 was a magic number on NEC for so long.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:53 pm

Yup. Both WAS-NYP and NYP-BOS are $52 for the "E bucket" (saver) now. Acela prices went up too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.