Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting the most of out our trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by MadProfessor
Thanks. I'll try Skype or something. Although we only have wireless in the public areas.

Checking my reservation online just produces an error message.
Keep us posted, I am very curious as to how they handle this. This seems to me like a major fault with the e-ticketing program.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Haven't been able to get through on the phone yet. Will keep trying.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Haven't been able to get through on the phone yet.
Not sure what that means--that you haven't found a telephone, or that Amtrak is not picking up their phone? Because you can pretty much always get through to customer service at Amtrak. If you dial at peak times when there is some major weather issue, you might have to wait a while, but under normal circumstances you shouldn't be on hold more than a few minutes.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Well I tried calling several times over the past few days and always got stuck in a queue with no answer in about 10 minutes. Unhelpfully doesn't tell you where you are in the queue.

However, I did receive a reply to my email and they've reinstated my tickets and emailed new e-tickets over.

So panic over.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Well I tried calling several times over the past few days and always got stuck in a queue with no answer in about 10 minutes. Unhelpfully doesn't tell you where you are in the queue.

However, I did receive a reply to my email and they've reinstated my tickets and emailed new e-tickets over.

So panic over.
That's very good to hear.

Generally Amtrak's customer service phone wait time is not outrageous--I'd have given it more than 10 minutes before hanging up. I hope you never have to call the phone company, or an airline during a big snowstorm
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select

So panic over.
So glad that the tickets have been reinstated! Great news. I have seriously been using you as my poster child over on AU for why the auto cancel is a terrible idea and how amtrak needs to fix it ASAP. Sorry that your trip has been marred by this. I hope you are enjoying your visit to the states.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:09 am
Original Poster

I don't mind waiting in the UK but was using my UK mobile as we found it shockingly difficult to find a working payphone even in hotels and the toll free access charge from the hotel was crazy.

All fixed now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.