Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amtrak Guest Rewards Signup Referral Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amtrak Guest Rewards Signup Referral Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Originally Posted by Joanna Sustaita
I know this is a thread for signup referrals. Im short 150 points and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me out with this. Please let me know ASAP. Thank you
Apply for a Chase Amtrak Guest Rewards card, and you'll get about 32,000 points. See first posting in the Miles Buzz Credit Card thread that UA Fan started
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by larrythai
Apply for a Chase Amtrak Guest Rewards card, and you'll get about 32,000 points. See first posting in the Miles Buzz Credit Card thread that UA Fan started
Or if you mean you're short 150 points for a redemption you want, you can just buy them-I think they're like 0.02/mile, pretty cheap fix.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
No idea why anyone would apply for the Chase Amtrak card until they'd exhausted all the better Ultimate Rewards-earning card offers.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
No idea why anyone would apply for the Chase Amtrak card until they'd exhausted all the better Ultimate Rewards-earning card offers.
No annual fee. 5% back on all award redemptions.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:04 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by ywlke
No annual fee. 5% back on all award redemptions.
Still a weak alternative unless you've exhausted all the others in my opinion. The higher bonuses available eclipse the 5% rebate, and while some UR cards have fees (after the first year), so far there are enough cards to rotate through them, gathering bonuses and not having to pay the fees.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:09 pm

Need referral. Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by BondGamer
Need referral. Thanks.
Check your PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
Still a weak alternative unless you've exhausted all the others in my opinion. The higher bonuses available eclipse the 5% rebate, and while some UR cards have fees (after the first year), so far there are enough cards to rotate through them, gathering bonuses and not having to pay the fees.
No, but the 5% can add up if you are actively redeeming for trips on Amtrak, regardless of whether those points came from the Amtrak sign up or from CSP, etc. Sure, it's not much, but it can be higher yield than camping on this thread for referral bonuses. Also, not everyone is an aggressive churner.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta, American, Flying Blue, Korean Air
need referral

thx!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by AmySRQ
need referral

thx!
Check your PM.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 2.5MM, SPG-Plat, HH-Gold, PC-Platinum
Signing up, happy to give someone the referral credit
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by billmany
Signing up, happy to give someone the referral credit
Check your PM.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: Lifemiles Gold, COPA 1K, Hhonors Diamond, Carlson Gold
only in US

When I am in the US, I often use Amtrak and quite enjoy the experiance.

I tried to sign bit was unable without a US address.

Mailed Amtrak and ...... Nothing.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Originally Posted by JohanSlam
When I am in the US, I often use Amtrak and quite enjoy the experiance.

I tried to sign bit was unable without a US address.

Mailed Amtrak and ...... Nothing.
I would put in any US address (such as a hotel), then immediately email them a change of address with your number.
If you want the 500 miles, PM me with your email address.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ywlke
. Sure, it's not much, but it can be higher yield than camping on this thread for referral bonuses. Also, not everyone is an aggressive churner.
So are you saying its a higher yield than camping on this thread? Looks like you've done ok, since I stopped beating you to the punch so often!:-:

To be fair, the Chase MC isn't the best, but it is pretty good if you just want AGR points. I don't take the train often (paid) but like to have the option of a cross country BR trip, and between the sign up bonus, points per spend, and all the ways to earn the points, I do ok. Haven't paid for a trip in over 2 years, just joined AGR around December, and already have 80,000 plus points.....after a 2 zone BR redemption! So, the card is ok. I don't use CC's that often, so it's just my emergency card mostly, but the membership benefits are good-like points not expiring if you don't take a paid trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.