Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Update on the AGR partnership with Continental/United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on the AGR partnership with Continental/United

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Palmetto, would you mind sharing the details of your exchange with the lounge agents? Did they instantly deny it, saying that the card wasnt accepted? Did they look it up and not find it and use that as the reason for the denied entry? Or did they know about the card but say that it was only valid thru the end of Feb?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I'm curious as well. I've had success at every PMUA hub (without so much as a question) this past month.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Originally Posted by CKinMD
Palmetto, would you mind sharing the details of your exchange with the lounge agents? Did they instantly deny it, saying that the card wasnt accepted? Did they look it up and not find it and use that as the reason for the denied entry? Or did they know about the card but say that it was only valid thru the end of Feb?
Sure, my card wasn't swiped. The agent said they stopped taking them at the end of February. I was just going in to grab a Diet Coke and didn't feel like arguing, so I said ok. If I had more time, I would have tried a different club, but I was kind of in a hurry.

I'm flying tomorrow. I will try in SNA and IAH.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by palmetto86

I'm flying tomorrow. I will try in SNA and IAH.
I'll look forward to hearing what happens tomorrow. If anyone else has any additional data points, please share.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
I don't know if this helps to reassure you or the UA Club agent but see the FAQ on the AGR website under "What benefits do Select Plus members enjoy?", which mentions access to United Clubs. See:

https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/faqs/index
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by tonywestsider
I don't know if this helps to reassure you or the UA Club agent but see the FAQ on the AGR website under "What benefits do Select Plus members enjoy?", which mentions access to United Clubs. See:

https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/faqs/index
Thanks Tony, I have noticed this on the website as well and as reassuring as it is, the real test is whether or not we are actually going to be admitted to the clubs. Since the verbiage reflects the new branding (United Club), I am certainly hopeful but wish this was a little more transparent.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:49 am

My Dad was passing through NYP the other day and mentioned to me that the new "UNITED CLUB" sign was posted next to the Club Acela sign.

I would not imagine that UA would go to the effort of making a sign and AMTRAK hanging it, if it was only going to be for a few months.

Dan
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Thanks Dan

Certainly sounds promising

I'll be in both WAS & NYP next week
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by dan1431
My Dad was passing through NYP the other day and mentioned to me that the new "UNITED CLUB" sign was posted next to the Club Acela sign.

I would not imagine that UA would go to the effort of making a sign and AMTRAK hanging it, if it was only going to be for a few months.

Dan
Agreed, good point.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
Success at LAX today. Agent immediately recognized it and sort of laughed because a colleague of theirs posted a photocopy of the card on the copy and wrote "YES YES YES" next to it ^
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by FormerAmtrakTraveler
Success at LAX today. Agent immediately recognized it and sort of laughed because a colleague of theirs posted a photocopy of the card on the copy and wrote "YES YES YES" next to it ^
Awesome! ^
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:06 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by dan1431

Dan
I'm usually at this Club Acela once a month so I will look for the UA Club sign the next time I'm there. IMO, the added UA sign makes sense since the UA check-in counter at NYP is close to Club Acela.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:59 am

A Holdout

Originally Posted by tonywestsider
IMO, the added UA sign makes sense
since the UA check-in counter at NYP is close to Club Acela.
Just hope they keep that position open

I think it's the last CTO in NY

We had 1 at the Port Authority but it's long gone
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:12 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by CHIC SILBER
Just hope they keep that position open

I think it's the last CTO in NY

We had 1 at the Port Authority but it's long gone
Wait! What?? That check-in counter (with the CO sign, right?) has been closed every time I've been there! What hours is it open?

What can they do there? Can they issue tickets like any CTO? And can they issue me a boarding pass for any UA/CO flight, even if the itinerary does not start at ZYP?
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:22 am

Odd Hours

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
Wait! What?? That check-in counter (with the CO sign, right?)
has been closed every time I've been there! What hours is it open?
About an hour & a half every other Thursday after a full moon

But I think they are full service when they want to be

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.